Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do new medicare rules impact sleeplabs
Question 
I was using a DME that was a sleeplab/DME combo. With the July 1 2016 competitive bid program, my DME is out.

I'm not planning a new sleep test anytime soon; but, I am wondering if their sleeplab is still able to accept US Medicare Part B.

Anyone experience this or up on those rules?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just as a general rule, I think a combined sleep lab / DME is a bad idea. Provided they accept Medicare B, I would think the sleep lab services are covered, but you should verify they will prescribe to an in-network DME. Read the CME guidelines for CPAP coverage and make sure you don't ever need another study. Read and enjoy. Pay attention to the gray highlighed area on Grandfathered suppliers. https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/sleep-...ories.html
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider. I agree that a sleep lab / DME (and right next to a sleep doctor clinic) has great potential for abusive practices.
On the plus side, when my DME lost out, they found me a medicare contract provider.

As for supplies, I really only need the expendables. When I upgrade machines, I will buy out of pocket.
Post Reply Post Reply

I'm not on medicare yet, but I just did a search of the contract suppliers in my area. Crap! They are the dregs. How do companies like that win competitive bidding? For a real treat, search for what their employees think on Glassdoor and Indeed. Amazing! I hope Trump saves health care, because it's a mess.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Medicare require a 'sleep doctor'? GrammaBear 10 398 10-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information [Admin Note] Rules Clarification on unsolicited educational studies, research tests, crowd-funding SuperSleeper 0 151 09-21-2017, 09:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Medicare rules for oxygen HalfAsleep 6 234 09-14-2017, 09:50 PM
Last Post: E.W.
  Getting new machine Tuesday - Medicare mirkee 8 357 09-06-2017, 06:36 PM
Last Post: mirkee
Question Impact of flow limits? CTcentrals 5 285 08-07-2017, 01:05 AM
Last Post: CTcentrals
  Provider Medicare Billing Ripoff Walla Walla 9 582 07-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  What is approved Medicare FFM list? Lanco 7 358 07-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait