Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do new medicare rules impact sleeplabs
Question 
How do new medicare rules impact sleeplabs
I was using a DME that was a sleeplab/DME combo. With the July 1 2016 competitive bid program, my DME is out.

I'm not planning a new sleep test anytime soon; but, I am wondering if their sleeplab is still able to accept US Medicare Part B.

Anyone experience this or up on those rules?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do new medicare rules impact sleeplabs
Just as a general rule, I think a combined sleep lab / DME is a bad idea. Provided they accept Medicare B, I would think the sleep lab services are covered, but you should verify they will prescribe to an in-network DME. Read the CME guidelines for CPAP coverage and make sure you don't ever need another study. Read and enjoy. Pay attention to the gray highlighed area on Grandfathered suppliers. https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/sleep-...ories.html
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider. I agree that a sleep lab / DME (and right next to a sleep doctor clinic) has great potential for abusive practices.
On the plus side, when my DME lost out, they found me a medicare contract provider.

As for supplies, I really only need the expendables. When I upgrade machines, I will buy out of pocket.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not on medicare yet, but I just did a search of the contract suppliers in my area. Crap! They are the dregs. How do companies like that win competitive bidding? For a real treat, search for what their employees think on Glassdoor and Indeed. Amazing! I hope Trump saves health care, because it's a mess.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Impact of Resmed P10 on Nostrils ivan007 1 72 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 148 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 201 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 250 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web
  [Admin Note] Rules clarification/addition SuperSleeper 1 466 01-24-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Wiki conflict on Medicare/CPAP ownership cps22 14 666 12-17-2023, 10:08 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.