Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do the manufacturers feel about giving us data access?
RE: How do the manufacturers feel about giving us data access?
ResMed has a new online data service that is absolutely worthless.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2013, 08:55 PM)Paptillian Wrote: Sounds like the consensus is that the detailed data isn't there for us (the patients), so there isn't much expectation that it'll get better.

Not true. The detailed data is there. For you, the software ResScan is free.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2013, 04:16 PM)Sleepster Wrote: For you, the software ResScan is free.

I'd be much more confident in ResMed's intention to support patient data monitoring if ResScan were available to patients directly from the manufacturer.

The fact reamains that ResScan is officially only available with a clinician or dealer account with ResMed.

That we have it at all, through this forum, and on an education basis, is great. But how long will that last?

Post Reply Post Reply
The basic problem here, in my opinion, is what's called the fishing lure syndrome. Fishing lures are supposed to be attractive to fish, but in order for a manufacturer to sell them they must at the very least be attractive to the fisherman. They are the ones who buy them!

Manufacturers sell their CPAP machines to DME's, not to patients. That is their focus.

Hopefully, as patients become more empowered to make their own purchasing decisions that will change.

For example, Respironics may someday realize that they are losing sales to ResMed because they are not making their software available to patients.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2013, 07:58 PM)Sleepster Wrote: For example, Respironics may someday realize that they are losing sales to ResMed because they are not making their software available to patients.

Neither is ResMed.

ResScan is only available to us through someone's good graces, and only to those who know about it and where to look for it. You're either in the club or you're not.

I suspect that the vast majority of CPAP users are totally in the dark that this software even exists. For that to change I believe that the makers have to start supplying it with the machines, or at least advertising it to the "fish" in your analogy.

I hope that what you said about patients making their own purchasing decisions comes to pass. It's funny to think of fish demanding better lures Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone can download ResScan for free here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...d=99#pid99.

Quote:According to ResMed: "It's an easy and flexible patient management system providing excellent insights into therapy to enable better outcomes". This helps you monitor and evaluate all the data coming out of your ResMed machine.

No club membership required.

The same cannot be said for users of Respironics machines looking for Encore software. For some reason Respironics doesn't seem to want to make software readily available for those of us who are using their machines. Their recent effort in making an app called Sleep Mapper available to us is a step in the right direction. Hopefully we'll see them continue this effort.

Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
The reason I chose a Resmed S 9 is both my DME and my MD agreed in advance to help me get a copy of Resscan. When I stumbled on this forum and got my copy of Resscan, I stopped bugging my original source and the never came through. In fact the MD is a CPAP user and expressed interest in the software for his own use. I doubt he ever got it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most manufacturers of anything are simply corporate prostitutes run by nefarious marketing hacks with no identifiable interest in the well being or productivity of the ultimate user, other than if they will buy the new upgraded version that could have been offered in the first place.

So, you expect that to change, do you?

The world and especially our country is so consumer oriented that consumers are basically sheep and no one holds manufacturers feet to the fire by refusing to buy their junk.
Jim Quarles
hosehead
Illegitimus non Carborundum
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps, but we peasants are still more numerous and we have all the pitchforks. Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 761 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 272 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 941 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 836 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 772 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  For anyone who is thinking of giving up on CPAP because of the nuisance...... BigWing 3 366 02-12-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 315 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.