Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do you address flow limits
How do you address flow limits
Wondering what to do about flow limits. Just went from an old S9 to an A10. Had some mask leaks, and seem to have gotten that adjusted right. Machine spikes in pressure, and it seems to be triggered by flow limits. Around 5:40 woke up, and cycled the machine to get it back down. This happens occasionally, but I can generally just go back to sleep.

Including full set of graphs.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do you address flow limits
For flow Limits you have done the right things, your EPR is set at 3 and your pressures are reasonable.

The Flow Limits you are questioning are I believe from positional apnea, more specifically you tucking your chin to your chest and thus kinking the garden hose we call a windpipe. This may be caused by too high of a pillow, think flatter, a bit less firm. If that doesn't work you can try a soft cervical collar, read the link in my signature. Also about positional apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
This is to add to GIdeon's recommendations.  Since the pressure increase is directly related to the flow limits, that is why your pressure is running to your maximum setting.  I think I would decrease your maximum pressure to a more tolerable limit.   Try an initial maximum setting of about 5 cm above your minimum pressure.  This should put yours at 14 cm.   I think you will find this a lot more tolerable.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
good change Red
Post Reply Post Reply
Just as a tip. I would keep all your treatment related questions in one thread. Making separate threads makes it harder for others to see the big picture.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 0 17 49 minutes ago
Last Post: emile.leplattenier
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 0 24 1 hour ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What is that spike in Flow limit? urachan 7 448 03-16-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: urachan
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 5 141 03-16-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 140 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 131 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 233 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.