Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation to AirSense Migration -- Dialing in the Right Settings
RE: DreamStation to AirSense Migration -- Dialing in the Right Settings
Good work!   Well-done

I suggest that you update your profile, so it is on the same page as your therapy.   This will help later if you post a question that the answer would relate to the equipment that you are using.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks @Feedsack & @Crimson Nape!

Last night's AHI was 1.29 and I slept through the night. Thumbs up to the people who recommended the DreamWear with arms headgear. It's very comfortable with the P30i. Humidity at 6 was too high for my liking and it felt muggy (I'll try reducing as @Gideon suggested). Lot less mouth dryness though.

I still have large leaks that I'm seeking to understand. None of the ones on the chart woke me up, so I guess I want to know if I'm possibly mouth breathing? A couple of the reported apneas appear to be associated with the leaks.

Also, these pressures are much higher than I had with the DreamStation, so I wonder if I'll just get used to them and learn to keep my mouth shut, or if I need to take action. I'm not averse to trying an FFM like the F30i (air supply at the top of the head is the only thing I feel strongly about).

Post Reply Post Reply
Continuing on this large leak investigation, I have two different types reported last night.

The first large leak gradually increases over four minutes and then stabilizes as a large leak for seven-eight minutes before ending abruptly with an obstructive apnea.

The second starts abruptly, continues for a few minutes, then stops and starts again for a couple of minutes, with a hypopnea and an unclassified apnea tagged onto it.

Do these have different causes? Is one mouth breathing? Is there a FAQ that I should have found on this that my search skills weren't good enough to find?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yesterday, I went for a FFM fitting and found the ResMed F20 and F&P Vitera fit best. The AirSense F30 & F30i, as well as all of the Respironics masks were prone to leak on my face. I brought the F20 and Vitera home to try.

So, last night, tried the F20 and returned climate to auto. AHI 0.60, no over humidified air and no dry mouth, so that's great. The large leaks reported by AirSense were the lowest since converting, but in actuality, they were just under the LL threshold for much of the night. (see attachment)

The other thing I'd forgotten is how quiet these masks are compared to the top-of-head hose versions. It was almost unnerving!  Too-funny Bringing the old hose hanger out of retirement took care of the tangled hoses that generally annoy me.

So, for the next few weeks, I'll be trying these two FFMs to see if I can dial in the fit.

Post Reply Post Reply
No changes to the equipment last night but had a restless night. AHI 3.10, but that doesn't reflect being up for quite a bit of the time, getting up twice and overall tossing. Massive large leaks were reported -- wasn't conscious for most of them and only adjusted what I thought were small leaks.

I'll review the mask fit FAQ @ http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer , but won't make any other changes tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, I guess I'm done here. Following the excellent guidance in the mask primer, I was able to adjust the F20 & Vitera to what should prevent leaks. Vitera was the one I did last, so I left it on the machine. AHI 1.28, no large leaks, no dry mouth. The only adjustment I might make would be to move the max higher since my 95% is 12.9 / 13.

I am still surprised by the difference in settings between the two machines.

DreamStation     AirSense 10 (seven days)
Pressure:               Min 7 / Max 11   Min 7 / Max 13

Last Year 95% Pressure: 7.5              11.72
Last Year Average AHI:  1.30             1.35
Mask:                   Nasal            Full Face

Thanks all for your help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Your flow limit value is probably driving your pressure to its set maximum. If you increase the pressure and it uses it, then I would consider reducing it back down for comfort.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 650 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
  Dreamstation -> Airsense 10 C2C pixpop 5 278 02-22-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Help dialing in Stillglade 3 372 01-12-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Oscar/ Dialing in Settings / ResMed 11 Jintyo76 2 319 01-10-2024, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Jintyo76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.