I have the same machine and heated hose (PRS1 60 series Auto). I just washed it for the first time this week. This is what I did:
1) Take a big bowl, Add water and squirt some dish liquid (I use Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid). Make a froth.
2) Detach the heated hose from the machine :-).
3) Submerge the heated hose completely in the bowl. Make sure to take out all bubbles. This will fill up the hose with detergent and water solution. Keep it filled up for 1 minute.
4) Drain the hose into the bowl.
5) Repeat steps 3 and 4, as many times as you please.
6) Take a toothbrush and clean the rubber end of the hose (the side that attaches to the mask).
7) DO NOT use the toothbrush on the side that attaches to the humidifier. It has fragile electric points; and a small rubber ring on the inside that creates the seal and can be damaged by the aggressive action of the toothbrush.
8) Optional: If you want to disinfect with Control III, add that to the hose to fill it up. Keep it in the hose for 10+ minutes to make sure it disinfects everything. Drain it out. Be careful. This solution cavitates more than water when it comes out of the hose. So it may splash around.
9) Run tap water thru the hose for at least 3 minutes. This will clean out the detergent. Run tap water over both ends of the hose to ensure they are cleaned of detergent.
10) Optional: If you have distilled water, add that to the hose so as to fill it up. Swish it around. Drain it. This step will minimize the water stains that the regular water may leave when you are drying the hose.
11) take all water out of the hose by hanging it over the kitchen sink for 2 minutes.
12) Optional: If you want quicker drying, you may want to spin the hose around over your head (the patented PaulaO2 hose drying method - google it on this forum), on both sides.
13) Hang it to dry (not in the bathroom. Better to do it on a cloth hanger anywhere else). Keep it there for at least 12 hours.
14) Take a hairdryer, use it in NO HEAT mode, to ensure that the humidifier end is completely dry. Also use it on the other side so that the rubber end is completely dry.
15) Attach the hose to the machine, run the machine without attaching it to your mask for 1 hour. This will completely dry out the hose AND also take out any residual CONTROL III odor.
AND you are done!
As a precaution, I had another heated tube in spare so I let the hose hang to dry for 48 hours instead of 12. I just wanted to be really sure that the humidifier end is completely dry.
And my AHI and my RDI on clean heated hose dropped to 0.0 last night
My 2 cents. YMMV.