Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do you clean Heated Humidifier Hose?
RE: How do you clean Heated Humidifier Hose?
With normal hoses, I never cleaned them. I'd just replace them when they no longer stayed on the mask (would switch them around at first).

With the heated hose, I haven't yet. 4 months in with my first one. I use Disposable Hypoallergenic Filters on my machine and keep humidity low (1.5) and the temp of the hose at the lowest setting (60°F). The room where I sleep pet free (not allowed there) and the door is shut most of the time.

I do clean my mask once a week and rise out the tank and I only use distilled water, but the hose never bothered.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone! I guess it's ok to get it wet, just be sure it's dry before connecting to machine.
I was under the impression that if you got water on the electrical end, it might stop working.
Wrong again. Great-info
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2015, 03:32 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote:
(01-17-2015, 02:52 PM)justMongo Wrote: I just take mine to the kitchen sink and have it basically horizontal. I get a flow of warm water running through it; then pour in some white vinegar. Continue to flush with war water. Then I dump the water in the hose and sling it like a dead cat to get most of the water drops out. Hang up on back of door to dry. YMMV

Ditto on that method. Except, I thought I read somewhere to use a 50-50 vinegar-water solution instead of the pure vinegar.

The stuff in the gallon container is 5% to begin with.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I had been immersing mine, and then rinsing and hanging dry, before I realized it said dont immerse and so far no problems, it has been about 6 months. I think the key is no prolonged soaking and the contacts need to be dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2015, 12:32 AM)anette Wrote: I had been immersing mine, and then rinsing and hanging dry, before I realized it said dont immerse and so far no problems, it has been about 6 months. I think the key is no prolonged soaking and the contacts need to be dry.

Hi anette,
I agree, just so the contacts are dry. I put a small piece of tape over the contacts when washing and it worked well...didn't get wet at all. I will now stop obsessing over it, as we have enough to do. Bug-eyed
Oh, and welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of help here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the kitchen sink, dishwashing liquid, warm tap water and a long brush I purchased from one of our vendors once a week. The brush doesn't reach all the length of the tube so I run it through both ends two or three times. Rinse well with warm tap water. I dry all the "parts" with the Hurricane dryer. I have had no problems for the past two years. I just don't believe using water or vinegar alone without a brush with get it "clean". When you wash your car, do you just squirt it with the hose? I also don't believe the CPAP hose gets that "dirty" either. Bacteria and other bug thingies do grow in moist warm places. Keeping it dry is important. The thing you see in this thread is many different ways to clean the hose and they all work very well. Do what you feel comfortable with and do it consistently.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 766 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.