Poll: Television Reception
Satellite
Cable
Antenna
I Don't watch T.V.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
How do you receive your television Picture?
pk6301 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Respironics System One Model 550
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 6-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreViewer

Other Comments: cms 50D Plus

Sex: Male

How do you receive your television Picture?
I Know, I Know, Another poll is not what you want, but I just have to ask. In driving around and to talking to friends I began to wonder how people are now receiving their television reception.

In the last few years I have gone over to Satellite reception. I like it much better.

Someone once asked me how I adjusted to CPAP so well--I thought for a moment and said I had two choices CPAP or DEATH..The choice was easy..
05-14-2012 07:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

RE: How do you receive your television Picture?
We live in NW Indiana, about 20 miles from downtown Chicago (as the crow flies) so we get quite a number of channels via the airwaves. Something like around 40+ or so.

So, we made a decision to go with the simple antennae. We still haven't even upgraded our TV... still using the old 10 year old CRT with a digital converter box.

I'm cheap, what can I say? Dont-know

Wink

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

05-14-2012 08:02 AM
b360155 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro FX & Quattro Air
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS50-D Plus Pulse Oximeter!

Charter Cable here in TX for TV and high speed internet. No land line phone...cell phone only. Happy with their service for the most part. My biggest irritant with all of these companies is how they do their promotional pricing. They give you discounted promotional pricing for 3, 6, 12 months or whatever and when it expires, your rates jump up by $40 to $50 per month. Then I call them and they put me on another promotion.

We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
05-14-2012 08:21 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(05-14-2012 08:21 AM)b360155 Wrote:  They give you discounted promotional pricing for 3, 6, 12 months or whatever and when it expires, your rates jump up by $40 to $50 per month. Then I call them and they put me on another promotion.

Yep, that's what I do with A&T (our phone & Internet provider). I get a one-year promotion deal, they raise it by a huge percentage when the deal is up, I call them up and spend an hour on the phone threatening to cancel the service entirely and then they put me on another year-long promotion. But even with those promotions, the cost goes up each year.

I've got the cheapest land-line deal I can get (no long distance), limited to 45 local calls per month, no caller ID, no extras, etc. with the cheapest DSL service.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

05-14-2012 08:30 AM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

I use Charter Cable here in NC. We went about 10 years without television when we moved here because there was nothing but satellite which, at that time, was awful. I didn't miss TV at all although I missed the entire run of Star Trek Voyager (which may or may not be a good thing!)

I also get their landline. Cell phone reception in these mountains is awful. AT&T is the worst. I was in my cell phone place getting a case and while I was there FOUR people came in needing new service because their out-of-state iPhone was useless. But now everyone here uses Sprint for their phones or will when the contract expires.

As for prices, every time my current package reaches just a year into it, I get another offer that is just as good or better. We have phone, TV, and internet through them for about $160. Sounds like a lot but not if you consider we only pay one bill. The biggest chunk of that by far is the TV.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

05-14-2012 11:59 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

mainly from america...... via the internet bounced by many satalites to keep my position secret.....

This is one of them posts that go way above our heads over here in europe. Over here we have SKY! and thats it problem solved Oh-jeez

Most of my programs and films come from the internet cough cough and as we speak or should I say type Im watching Game of Thrones an amazing program along with House MD and not forgetting the amazing "FRINGE" all american I think the bbc have forgotten how to do good telly.

Quote:As for prices, every time my current package reaches just a year into it, I get another offer that is just as good or better. We have phone, TV, and internet through them for about $160. Sounds like a lot but not if you consider we only pay one bill. The biggest chunk of that by far is the TV.

Oh my thats cheap we are more like $300 but thats cos we are running 200mps broadband Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 02:58 PM by Dreamcatcher.)
05-14-2012 02:55 PM
cbramsey Offline

Advisory Members

Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

Used to have DirecTV (Satellite) and loved it. Then we moved to this part of Knoxville and had "Line of Sight" issues so we were let out of our contract.

Now we have Comcast cable. It isn't bad. We use them for TV, internet, and voice.

05-14-2012 05:24 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
JumpStart Offline

Preferred Members-2

Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 20 (auto range)

Other Comments: ResMed Mirage Quattro

I have had cable for many years, currently with Comcast. For phone, I last year moved my home phone line to Vonage, as I had successfully used them with a business for a number of years. I pay $17.10 a month, for 250 or 500 minutes ( I don't remember which) anywhere in US or Canada. It also handles my faxes. With our two cell phones, don't need any other service. When I quit AT&T, my landland for all prior years, my base monthly rate with less features than I have now cost $65.38 a month.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
05-14-2012 05:48 PM
PollCat Offline
Apnea Board Polling Administrator
Monitors

Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: H5i Cleanable with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18

Other Comments: CPAP-ing since 1995; Type 2 Diabetes; Chronic Asthma; Gout

Here in Central Indiana, we used to have Insight Cablevision. Then a couple of years ago, Insight and Comcast worked out some kind of area trade which gave us Comcast; I preferred Insight's help center. Unlike SS, Indy only has about 10 stations you can get with rabbit ears; thus we shell out about $200 a month for Internet and four HD, digital cable boxes.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-14-2012 10:32 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
pssnn Offline
Wiki Editor
Preferred Members-2

Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 18

Other Comments: Quattro FX + Swift FX

I got tired of paying for TV so I only use over the air now. In addition to being free another great benefit is that almost all broadcasts are HD. I did buy a DVR that works with an antennae and can record and playback any of the broadcast shows.
Definitely not missing that monthly bill!!!!

"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
05-14-2012 11:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Interesting television show Gabby 8 1,815 02-25-2014 06:11 PM
Last Post: Gabby
  Can you read it or not? - Picture SuperSleeper 13 5,964 03-05-2012 04:44 PM
Last Post: Dreamcatcher