Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Television Reception
This poll is closed.
Satellite
10.00%
2 10.00%
Cable
65.00%
13 65.00%
Antenna
25.00%
5 25.00%
I Don't watch T.V.
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How do you receive your television Picture?
The antenna will get you 2 channels here, so that's a non starter for me.

For piped-in signal there is the local cable or the local telephone company who has an I.P. service (requires a converter box at every set), so I have been cable for a very long time. I did recently trade down from the $60+ package to what they call antenna service which delivers 18 channels at $20 per month. Thanks to Tivo (grandfathered at $7.95) there is still pretty much always something to watch...
Post Reply Post Reply
I've nearly given up on TV because there are so many commercials that it's not enjoyable anymore. If it didn't freeze in the winter here, I wouldn't have bothered replacing my TV set after the TV stations switched to digital (but I need to be able to see the weather reports). If I turn it on, I usually end up ignoring it or using it as background noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Use the same company for my phone, internet cable, and cable TV. I also use my wireless router to connect to my Wii and watch Netflix on the TV or computer. I also catch up on TV shows I've missed when they are on the computer as full episodes.
Post Reply Post Reply

I recently got my wife a simple Bluray disk player on Amazon for about $85. It also has NetFlix built into the system and I got her a month subscription to NetFlix for $7.95, since we don't have cable or satellite.

With our old tube TV, we're running it in the lowest possible resolution (less bandwidth) and it's a pretty good picture (can't tell it from a regular DVD movie, at least with our tube TV).

So far it has worked great. I like paying $7.95 a month rather than $50-100 for cable or sat that they're asking around here.

Only thing is... it does suck up my DSL bandwidth a lot, which I'm going to have to monitor, so we don't go over our limit. I figured up the bandwidth and told her that for now, we can watch no more than 3.5 hours each night and we'll be within our limits... more than that and AT&T puts us on their "high-use" tier, and then they'll charge us extra for life.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting television show Gabby 8 1,856 02-25-2014, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Gabby
  Can you read it or not? - Picture SuperSleeper 13 6,091 03-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Dreamcatcher