Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do you sue Medicare -- I mean take 'em to the woodshed.
Medicare keeps denying a certain single use item -- limiting my quantity to below what is required to keep me healthy. It's penny wise and pound foolish on their part.

I am tired of writing appeals; and my doctor is fed up with filling out their paperwork.

I want to sue the Secretary of HHS, CMS, and the fool who made the denial decision. I am looking for a lawyer of the Johnny Cochran style who will bash their heads with logic.

Anyone ever fight the system? Eat-popcorn
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have straight medicare so I had my appeal through the medicare advantage plan I have and then went somewhere else (I can't remember now because it was over a year ago). No matter what, most do NOT win against medicare.

Would it be less costly for you to just purchase the extra you need than to hire an attorney? Just a thought since I don't know what you are referring to that you are being limited on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2015, 07:43 PM)me50 Wrote: Would it be less costly for you to just purchase the extra you need than to hire an attorney? Just a thought since I don't know what you are referring to that you are being limited on.
I am an American Airman. I fight. I never surrender nor give an inch.
I'll spend $500,000 to win $50.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

(01-12-2015, 07:58 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(01-12-2015, 07:43 PM)me50 Wrote: Would it be less costly for you to just purchase the extra you need than to hire an attorney? Just a thought since I don't know what you are referring to that you are being limited on.
I am an American Airman. I fight. I never surrender nor give an inch.

Hmmmmm........cut off your nose to spite your face.

I am not into C&W but sometimes you got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em and know when to walk away AND KNOW WHEN TO RUN! $500,000 would be a lot of very nice vacations, a new house, car, etc.

I do have to admit that there are some causes worth not giving up on, like children in very unsafe environments!

Hope you can figure out a great strategy. it is hard to beat the government.

Have you tried the VA?
Post Reply Post Reply

(01-12-2015, 07:58 PM)justMongo Wrote: I am an American Airman. I fight. I never surrender nor give an inch.

Umm, yep.... So would the government.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2015, 06:36 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(01-12-2015, 07:58 PM)justMongo Wrote: I am an American Airman. I fight. I never surrender nor give an inch.

Umm, yep.... So would the government.

maybe the American Government is full of American Airmen DielaughingDielaughingDielaughing
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Mongo, take it to your congressman, or to the press. Or both. Try the ombudsman. Are there popular TV consumer shows that expose stupid rules of various concerns? Maybe contact them. We have such shows over here, and they are very successful at naming, shaming and getting results. Suing, while terribly American, will only make lawyers rich, something Americans seem very keen to do. Your culture must really love lawyers, because you so happily make them very very very rich, often for no benefit to yourselves. Forget the lawsuit, try the press or the legislature or both. It works better. And it is cheaper. And since you are a former soldier (sorry, airman), the VA should also be able to intervene.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doc Wils is right. change.org, Sumofus.org or something like that might be the ticket...
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
actually most Americans can't stand lawyers and a lot of us can't stand car insurance companies if we need them or insurance companies. But the reason people sue so much in the States it's because you can't get anything done unless you go through the court system and you can't get anything done in the court system unless you hire an attorney because you have to put everything to the court system the way they want it done and a layperson wouldn't know how to do it
Post Reply Post Reply

Do write to your congresscum. They'll probably ignore it and send you some bogus form letter, but nothing will happen unless a lot of voters write to them and complain.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information [News] Medicare unveils far-reaching overhaul of doctors' pay ApneaNews 0 252 10-14-2016, 05:27 PM
Last Post: ApneaNews
  Diabetes Testing under US Medicare justMongo 21 1,090 07-18-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  US Medicare Medigap Question justMongo 5 585 11-14-2015, 02:49 PM
Last Post: eplantz
  Medicare and B12 me50 12 1,876 07-09-2015, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Medicare Part D is nearly worthless. justMongo 8 1,770 01-19-2015, 02:52 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Medicare Health Plans JimZZZ 39 5,413 10-23-2014, 07:51 PM
Last Post: justMongo