Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How do you turn off the Flex on Dreamstation
How do you turn off the Flex on Dreamstation
Even though the Flex is turn down to 1, I am still straining to inhale at the start of an inhalation and then it surges. 

I hacked the machine and set the A-flex/C-flex/None to None but the Flex is still happening. The pressure is dropping way down and then it has a delay so I am straining to inhale then it surges and there is a blast. 

Really want to turn it off. When I take naps I wear my machine and I can't nod off with me getting nasal blasts followed by not enough air. They sold me the machine without their hoses. 

However, in reviewing how it runs, it infers what needs to be done based on the back pressure at the machine and it seems the algorithms will always be a little off.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do you turn off the Flex on Dreamstation
You have to turn off Aflex in the therapy menu, instructions in the cpap setup manuals link, at the top of the page.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was on C-Flex, changed it to none. Also, changed the mask setting from X2 to none. Seemed to eliminate most of the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2017, 07:27 PM)sleepy1235 Wrote: Even though the Flex is turn down to 1, I am still straining to inhale at the start of an inhalation and then it surges. 

I hacked the machine and set the A-flex/C-flex/None to None but the Flex is still happening. The pressure is dropping way down and then it has a delay so I am straining to inhale then it surges and there is a blast. 

Really want to turn it off. When I take naps I wear my machine and I can't nod off with me getting nasal blasts followed by not enough air. They sold me the machine without their hoses. 

However, in reviewing how it runs, it infers what needs to be done based on the back pressure at the machine and it seems the algorithms will always be a little off.

Are you using a Philips Respironics Dreamstation, or the Resmed S9 Elite in your profiile? The Resmed uses EPR rather than flex, and it follows your breathing.   Your profile shows a CPAP pressure of 15.  If flex is off (dreamstation), or EPR (Resmed), then there should be no lag in pressure.  We could verify this using #Sleepyhead data that shows the mask pressure on a Resmed. 

Maybe update your profile to correct anything we're missing?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Transitioning machines. Haven't updated yet until I make final decision.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Is it OK to turn on an oxygen concentrator before my APAP machine? EMihalis 10 696 12-15-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Should I turn off EPR?? sleepygoo 4 580 11-09-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,294 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,100 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem
  [Equipment] Turn off Ramp. CactusJack 4 9,198 03-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: DISleepApnea
Question Trilogy EVO leak compensation - can we adjust/turn off Steph19 2 1,443 01-21-2023, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Steph19

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.