Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Different AHI with different apap machine?
RE: Different AHI with different apap machine?
Thanks Dave.  You are giving me confidence to keep asking my DME to change to a lower EPR.  I know I could do it myself but I would rather avoid it and let them do the job since my pulmologist is on the board of my DME.  I don’t want any problems with them (until I have the chance to change of DME at least).  Here, in Quebec (Canada), it’s quite tough to see a doctor.  So I need to act wisely.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all, Stacey, Gideon and Dave. With your help, I had arguments to convince my DME to change EPR to 1 instead of 3. I have read before that EPR can affect AHI but didn’t know why. Now I do. Also spoke to another inhalotherapist than my regular and she was open and understanding of me asking. So, tonight’s the night! Lol
Post Reply Post Reply
The same settings on a different machine model, even from the same manufacturer, can give you different AHI.

Even if your actual breathing is the same, different machine models and manufacturers will give you a different AHI reading.

You're probably going to need to tinker with your settings. This will be much harder with the DME involved.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't tell you what to do with your therapy, but I'll share what happened with my own just after joining Apnea Board in 2017. I had a pulmonary doc appointment to point out very high Central Apnea on the diagnostic study report. Doc made an appointment to do ASV titration, and he wanted pressures on the DreamStation Auto BPAP changed. I asked for the script and I was then to take it to my DME to make the changes. I edited the PAP myself and called the RT over at the DME's office and told them what settings were changing. The girl on the phone said she'd edit them the next day, when I said thanks but I've got the edit in already. She thanked me and hung up.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Dave!  I might try that next time  like  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Archangle!  I can't tell you how much this web site and forum helped me since a few days.  I'm getting wiser everyday to confront my DME when they refuse to help me like they should.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any way we can help, just ask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2021, 07:54 PM):thanks:SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Any way we can help, just ask.

Thanks I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 367 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 571 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 428 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,412 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 585 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.