Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How does AirSense 11 transmit data
How does AirSense 11 transmit data
I was having issues with my local DME.  So I did not want to transmit data.  I removed the myAir app from my phone.  In settings/apps the myAir app does not show up.  I unpaired the ResMed 11 from Bluetooth.  It shows up as an available device, but it is not paired. I did this 30 days ago.  Today I logged onto the myAir website on my desktop computer.  ALL of my data was there including last night !!!  My desktop does not have a bluetooth adapter.  HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE ??? !!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How does AirSense 11 transmit data
Simply put, your Airsense 11 has a cellular modem in it.

I didn't really care for that idea either. Unfortunately, disabling the modem doesn't look to be nearly as easy as on some other machines, since it's built into the main circuit board. Trying to do so might be hazardous to the health of the machine. I've heard a modemless version of the Airsense 11 exists, though I don't know where or if you could get one. It should be obvious that if you plan to try to disable the modem, you are entirely responsible for all of the results of doing so.

I believe there's an airplane mode that can be used, though I'm not at all sure the machine will stay in that mode until you choose otherwise. I got fed up with nonsense and hassles from the DME, so I sent the machine away and don't have it any longer to check.

There does exist a modemless version of the previous generation Airsense 10 machine. It's called a "card to cloud" model.
Post Reply Post Reply
Who's cellular network is this machine using?  Are you saying this device connects through their own cellular network like Verizon or ATT?  Can't be through my carrier T-Mobile.

(After 45 days I called the DME and said I was shipping it back due to outrageous pricing on supplies.  I asked if I could buy it.  They said sure.  So for $750, I have the machine, one spare headgear, 4 spare mask, and a dozen filters. My insurance probably paid for some of it.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2023, 10:09 PM)CPAPDude58 Wrote: Who's cellular network is this machine using?  Are you saying this device connects through their own cellular network like Verizon or ATT?  

It can actually be a handy time-saver. Most insurance companies require an annual exam by a doctor who can verify compliance. With the modem, they can easily see your compliance data and you can do the doctor's visit remotely, saving you from making a trip in to their office.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2023, 10:09 PM)CPAPDude58 Wrote: Who's cellular network is this machine using?  Are you saying this device connects through their own cellular network like Verizon or ATT?  Can't be through my carrier T-Mobile.

It can be through your carrier, but not associated with your plan.

ResMed's use a M2M/IoT steered connection through the cell system. In every country they will connect to the contracted cell provider, and then fall back to an alternative provider if the preferred provider has no signal.

I *believe* in the US, the preferred provide is T-Mobile.

To see who the provider is, go to Settings / About and scroll down. You'll see the provider and connection strength.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reply, it all makes sense now.  Couldn't understand why this machine has the signal strength icon, thought that was the signal from my gateway/modem.  My next step was going to be mapping the users on my modem, find it and block it.  I see it has an airplane mode, that should block data transfer if that mode would permanently stay on.

Now that I own the machine and am no longer working with the DME and will not submit any charges to insurance, who cares if I'm compliant? I do like the myAir app. Also using the my data card and OSCAR, I can track my own performance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe within the myAir app you can select an option to not send to DME/provider so you can still utilize the MyAir along with OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Airsense 11 transmit data
Hi all
Can anyone tell me what cellular network that airsense 11 uses in Australia 
Please, I only receive Telstra and do not receive any other networks
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
This is my understanding:  The ResMed has a built-in SIM that automatically connects to a cellular network.  That's how it transmits data.  It is totally independent of your personal cell phone plan or home network/wifi.  So you won't find the device on your modem to block.

But putting the machine in a Faraday cage might work  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankyou for your help
Would you know which network it connects to as I have no network connection, I think it might be optus.
I have used Fisher & Paykel cpap
With full connection to network and no issues. I do not receive Optus where I live in Victoria
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 169 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 249 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 235 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 333 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 538 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,380 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Airsense 11 Autoset Oscar Data - How to Review goblue2024 1 472 01-09-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.