Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How does ResMed S9 initiate breathing after an apnea event
RE: How does ResMed S9 initiate breathing after an apnea event
Thanks, I am getting that impression.
what should the EPR setting be? I have used "3" there MAY be a slight pressure reduction on exhale.
The S8 DEFINITELY reduces the pressure, but it comes back in a few seconds if i do not inhale on my own.

Does anyone know what the setting "patient" means in EPR?

Nite nite all.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2014, 09:29 PM)KC2684 Wrote: Does anyone know what the setting "patient" means in EPR?

It probably allows the patient to set the EPR level. When set at 3 it drops the pressure by 3 when you exhale. That's the setting most people use, I think.

Sleep well, and don't forget to spring forward!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The "Patient" setting means allow the patient to adjust the setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2014, 09:34 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(03-08-2014, 09:29 PM)KC2684 Wrote: Does anyone know what the setting "patient" means in EPR?

It probably allows the patient to set the EPR level. When set at 3 it drops the pressure by 3 when you exhale. That's the setting most people use, I think.

Sleep well, and don't forget to spring forward!

thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Nite nite all.
EPR Level ... displayed in "patient setup menu" if set to patient in the clinical setup menu

You can ask for the clinical manual via email (section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Too early for bed but just had a nap with PAP
Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Still up!?
Thanks for all your help. Seems there is a difference between the S8 and S9 where the S8 raises the pressure after EPR without an inhale.
As I said I shall discuss with supplier and Dr.
in the mean time, (and mostly irrelevant) I finally got my ResMed output to fit into the attachment.

What you cannot see here, is the pressure never varies from 10cmH2O.
This may be that the EPR isn't working (and of course it may biot be set correctly) but I think it is.
The "patient" setting doesn't seem too allow any change by the patient. I'm hoping that it might "learn" from me and get it right. Otherwise I'll go back to my S8 and not be out for sooooo long.

Other than keeping the airway open and collecting lots-o-data what good is a CPAP if it doesn't get me berthing again?

Maybe I'll try a higher pressure (if I can keep the mask on)

thanks
Barry
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2014, 09:48 PM)KC2684 Wrote: Still up!?
Thanks for all your help. Seems there is a difference between the S8 and S9 where the S8 raises the pressure after EPR without an inhale.
As I said I shall discuss with supplier and Dr.
in the mean time, (and mostly irrelevant) I finally got my ResMed output to fit into the attachment.

What you cannot see here, is the pressure never varies from 10cmH2O.
This may be that the EPR isn't working (and of course it may biot be set correctly) but I think it is.
The "patient" setting doesn't seem too allow any change by the patient. I'm hoping that it might "learn" from me and get it right. Otherwise I'll go back to my S8 and not be out for sooooo long.

Other than keeping the airway open and collecting lots-o-data what good is a CPAP if it doesn't get me berthing again?

Maybe I'll try a higher pressure (if I can keep the mask on)

thanks
Barry

Because your machine is a set pressure throughout the time you sleep, I don't believe it will show you a pressure change when you exhale. The EPR is to lower the pressure when you exhale but it isn't changing your set pressure over the course of the time you sleep. Only VPAP will show inhale and exhale pressure.

S9 Auto Set will show a change in pressure when it is in auto mode but only the inhale pressure.

Post Reply Post Reply
Unlike SleepyHead, ReScan does not show IPAP and EPAP separately, cannot see leak graph
If were me, I would turn off EPR and see what happens tomorrow, does not look the set pressure is optimal
Maybe show those results to your doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2014, 10:03 PM)zonk Wrote: Unlike SleepyHead, ReScan does not show IPAP and EPAP separately, cannot see leak graph
If were me, I would turn off EPR and see what happens tomorrow, does not look the set pressure is optimal
Maybe show those results to your doctor

YES! I agree!!
and
I'll try SleepyHead just for fun, can never have too amy reporting programs...

Post Reply Post Reply
How in the heck do I delete an attachment. I'm sure the instructions are easy to find but....

Thanks
Barry

OK, please forget this request. It was right there in front of my eyes.. perhaps my mask was in the way.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,126 5 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 149 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 398 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.