Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How does my OSCAR data look?
How does my OSCAR data look?
Hey everyone,
I wanted to get a second opinion on how my treatment is going. Do things look okay or are there any problems? My pressure is set to 6.8 by the way. 
The main problems I feel myself are that I wake up a couple of times during the night sometimes or other times I'll sleep through the night but wake up a bit earlier than my alarm in the morning and can't fall asleep. 
Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How does my OSCAR data look?
(07-10-2021, 12:21 PM)accetableplaintain Wrote: Hey everyone,
I wanted to get a second opinion on how my treatment is going. Do things look okay or are there any problems? My pressure is set to 6.8 by the way. 
The main problems I feel myself are that I wake up a couple of times during the night sometimes or other times I'll sleep through the night but wake up a bit earlier than my alarm in the morning and can't fall asleep. 
Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements!

I am not qualified to comment on your OSCAR graph, but am curious what mask you are using to understand the occasional large leaks. Are the leaks waking you up?
Simplicity is simple, complexity is complex. Don’t confuse the two.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome!  How long have you been on Cpap?  Are you on fixed Cpap because of clear airway (centrals) events?

Your treatment looks ok but the centrals are your largest amount of events.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Centrals are an issue, but they're not very high overall. Let's cut off one more variable since your static pressure is low already. Let's eliminate the Ramp. The flow rate looks quite ragged at the beginning with Ramp on. It may help actually to be more comfortable without Ramp disrupting things. I'm seeing something on flow limits, meaning you may actually need a bit more pressure than the static 6.8, maybe consider 7.0. Last thing, your leak rate is at 18 for 95% and peaks at 33. You'll need to work on that to bring it into better control.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your IPAP is 6.8, and your EPAP is 4. The only way this happens is if your EPR is set to 3.

Try reducing your EPR to 1. This will increase your EPAP to 5.8. Lower EPR should help with reducing CAs, while the higher EPAP should help with OAs, Hs, and flow limits.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay! How would I go about reducing my EPR?

I use a vitera (not sure if I spelled that right) full face mask. I'm not sure if the large leaks are the things waking me up, they very well could be. Although when I wake up the mask seems to be properly on my face as far as I can tell. Do you have any suggestions in terms of reducing the large leaks? Tighten the mask I guess

Okay, thank you! I can try to cut off the ramp and increase the pressure to 7.0. Do you have any tips for reducing the large leaks? I'm not sure why they happen to be honest.

I've been using CPAP for a couple of months. I got prescribed this machine because a sleep study showed I had an AHI of 16 and was diagnosed with mild to moderate OSA. Would that be the same as central events?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2021, 09:13 PM)notam2 Wrote: Your IPAP is 6.8, and your EPAP is 4.  The only way this happens is if your EPR is set to 3.

Try reducing your EPR to 1.  This will increase your EPAP to 5.8.  Lower EPR should help with reducing CAs, while the higher EPAP should help with OAs, Hs, and flow limits.

Okay, thank you! How would I go about reducing the EPR?

(07-10-2021, 03:54 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Centrals are an issue, but they're not very high overall. Let's cut off one more variable since your static pressure is low already. Let's eliminate the Ramp. The flow rate looks quite ragged at the beginning with Ramp on. It may help actually to be more comfortable without Ramp disrupting things. I'm seeing something on flow limits, meaning you may actually need a bit more pressure than the static 6.8, maybe consider 7.0. Last thing, your leak rate is at 18 for 95% and peaks at 33. You'll need to work on that to bring it into better control.

Okay, thank you! I can try to cut off the ramp and increase the pressure to 7.0. Do you have any tips for reducing the large leaks? I'm not sure why they happen to be honest.
Post Reply Post Reply
The best way I've found to adjust the Vitera is this:

Lying back on the bed with PAP on, hold mask to your face and put the straps on but loosen them all. Now start with the lower set, and tighten just so it takes up the slack. Ditto the top set. Now loosen up the top of head strap. Pull mask straight up off your face and resetting it a bit lower on your nasal bridge than before. Readjust that top of head strap. Move mask about a bit left/right and up/down.

Any leaks out of the cushion? If so redo the bottom adding just a small bit of extra tension. Then maybe a small bit more to the top set.

This Vitera has a RollFit bellows, going tight will make it leak more. And note that it does vent pretty strongly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To lower the EPR, you need to enter the clinical menu.  There are likely some youtube videos you can find if you google 'youtube resmed clinical menu'.  Basically, press the home button and press in the selector knob simultaneously and hold for 5 seconds or so.  It should take you to the clinical menu.  Then select options, and adjust the EPR level from 3 to 1.

Is there a reason that you are using a full face mask? Personally, I was using a nasal mask and switched to nasal pillows and have found leaks significantly reduced.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.