Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How does the F30i mask work?
RE: How does the F30i mask work?
Correct the Evora Full not out to North America yet. But when it does, I'm getting one.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I might try that.  I typically don't like hats, but maybe I can do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Everything you have stated, I am going through. I have used the F30i mask since day 1 last February - I have finally dialed in the CPAP to where my AHI is consistently below 3. Yes, the straps are tight but I have grown used to that. I have only started having the glued mouth issues recently and am not sure why as I have the humidifier turned up quite high - used to have water in the mask and tube but no more - warmer in house? 

My big issue now is the mouth being pushed off the bottom of the mask from the pressure. That will wake me up, screws up the readings and I can't seem to find a solution - doesn't happen all the time but seems to be increasing in frequency lately. Did you (or anyone reading this thread) find a solution to this?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You can think of the F30i as the N30i with the mouth coverage of an F20. I like it because it has the comfort of a nasal mask on top and "rescue" coverage of mouth leaks. For me, the key is to use those polartec strap covers, as they take care of strap lines and it feeling overly tight.
Post Reply Post Reply
To OP - Is there any chance that the P10 has become uncomfortable because the silicone has stiffened with age? How old is the P10 cushion? Just a thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I will look into that!
Post Reply Post Reply
A cautious vote for the F&P Evora Full I bought about 3 months ago.

I wore it all night last night. Think I woke up 4 times. Once for a short walk ( ;-) )

Other times---leaks. One episode so bad I turned off the machine, got up, turned on the light and took the F&P E.Full off. Put it back on for the rest of the night. I'm afraid to look at OSCAR.

So I find it hard to put on right. I need to be fully awake, and have the light on and a mirror to put the mask on right. I"m a rookie with the Evora Full. I've had major leaks; first full night's use. But I'm happy I stayed the course.

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Rainbow Fish -

Huh 

Can you please be more specific on the covers? I have looked a few places but they all seem way too big so I must be missing something!

TIA -  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The strap cushions I have fit all they way down the arm of the strap.  I thought they would be too big when I got them but they actually fit well.  (Though it makes my mask look like it has little blue legs) You can put them just on the bottom 2 straps for maximum stabilization - the rubbery upper straps have a bit more traction against the skin - or on all four straps for minimal strap lines.  Mine are inexpensive Amazon purchases, but Supplier #31 looks like she has a nice selection.   The Polartec is in tubes with a Velcro cinch, so you can use one or both layers of fabric around the strap to make an adjustable width of fabric against the skin.  I further stabilize the mask by sticking my ponytail over the back placket (if you have that option).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Resmed F30i Mask ditron1 2 58 1 hour ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Tools for "forced" side sleeping (noodles), do they work Fox66 2 92 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 329 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 5,017 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 377 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 726 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  New CPAP User - f30i Mask Troubles CcReesezzzzz01 6 930 01-31-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: CcReesezzzzz01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.