Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How does this all look?
Question 
How does this all look?
I've just downloaded the data from my new machine, but naturally am inexperienced at reading it.  I think I am doing OK.  Initial diagnosis some 12 years ago was 44 AHI.  Anyone want to comment about this lot? I should say also that those 7 hour averages are cobbled together from 2, 3, and 4 hour sessions. There are other issues which cause me not to be able to sleep for long periods.

[attachment=8407]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How does this all look?
Three things:

The summary page doesn't tell us much. Please read this on how to organize your SleepyHead data.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

You've only been using it for 4 days. Give it time. For first time users, give yourself about a month to let everything settle down. You have to get used to it. Your brain, your body, etc. Habits have to change, new routines, etc.

And take a look around the ApneaBoard Wiki. For example, the Acronyms/Abbreviations will help figuring out what all the alphabet soup means. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Increase minimum pressure to 6.0. Your Philips Dreamstation is too slow in responding to hypopnea and leaving you with too many events. Overall, you are at the minimum acceptable level of treatment efficacy. Higher minimum pressure is going to get you closer to the goal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2018, 04:31 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Three things:

The summary page doesn't tell us much. Please read this on how to organize your SleepyHead data.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

You've only been using it for 4 days. Give it time. For first time users, give yourself about a month to let everything settle down. You have to get used to it. Your brain, your body, etc. Habits have to change, new routines, etc.

And take a look around the ApneaBoard Wiki. For example, the Acronyms/Abbreviations will help figuring out what all the alphabet soup means. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

Thanks.  Yes, I have only been using sleepyhead and my Dreamstation for 4 days.  I've been in treatment for my OSA for 12 years.  Thanks for the pointers Smile

(09-22-2018, 05:15 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Increase minimum pressure to 6.0. Your Philips Dreamstation is too slow in responding to hypopnea and leaving you with too many events.  Overall, you are at the minimum acceptable level of treatment efficacy.  Higher minimum pressure is going to get you closer to the goal.

OK, thanks, I'll do that.  What about the top?  Mind you I've never needed to be at 20, I had my Remstar Auto set to top out at 12, maybe that wasnt high enough.  I did that because the mask I was using at the time (REspironics Comfort Classic) seemed to leak horribly once it went over that level.  The Pico (and BMC N4) dont seem to leak as easily.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't usually worry about maximum pressure because the machine only goes as high as events will drive it, especially on the Philips. To date you have not exceeded 10.2, so a limit of 12 would be perfectly fine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.