Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] My Sinus Probs Part 2 humidifier help needed
RE: My Sinus Probs Part 2 humidifier help needed
(12-18-2012, 10:22 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: I've finally found sinus nirvana, something I never thought possible before. Grin

Good luck!

Ren
me too like more moisture but no nirvana yet

its like Russian roulette

Post Reply Post Reply
When was the last time you changed out the hose? When was the last time you changed out the hose on the mask (if it has one of its own)?

I had a heckuva time several years ago and after much sneezing and snotting, we narrowed it down to the CPAP machine. My DME replaced everything but the machine itself and my symptoms were gone within a few nights. The DME (who for once was actually helpful) said it was probably crap in the hose. Back then, the hoses were darker and had grooves. I hate the smell of bleach and never used it (I use vinegar solution) but DME said bleach would not have been enough. Back then, hoses were not replaced at all. Now, I get a new one every 3 months and your darn right I change mine out!

I would try what JudgeMental said. Turn off the humidifier but put water in the tank. The passover feature used to be quite common with CPAPs. You still need to change the water out, though. It really helped me over the summer. I only turn on the heat and use the climateline in the winter when the air is dryer.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2012, 09:17 PM)weeble Wrote: I do believe therapy and sinus probs are related with me.
me too. I've never had such problem prior to cpap
my nose not designed to humidify pressured air from cpap so it can dry up sinuses and causing allergy type symptoms
adding heated humidification helps keep sinuses moist
when my nose get congested, tend to open my mouth to breathe and this causes therapy air to escape
loss of therapy air thru the mouth instead of keeping airways open preventing apnea can compromise the treatment

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2012, 11:11 PM)zonk Wrote:
(12-18-2012, 09:17 PM)weeble Wrote: I do believe therapy and sinus probs are related with me.
me too. I've never had such problem prior to cpap
my nose not designed to humidify pressured air from cpap so it can dry up sinuses and causing allergy type symptoms
adding heated humidification helps keep sinuses moist
when my nose get congested, tend to open my mouth to breathe and this causes therapy air to escape
loss of therapy air thru the mouth instead of keeping airways open preventing apnea can compromise the treatment

Zonk,

It's even worse when you start-out with really bad allergy and congestion problems, I gave-up using the humidifier with my old S8 AutoSet II because of rainout problems, I had only re-connected it and been using some humidity for a couple of weeks when one night I accidentally bumped the machine on the floor shortly after filling it with water, that was all it took to kill it.

When I got my S9 four days later, I started playing with the humidity settings since I had read about the dry air making sinus problems worse which was what had prompted me to start using it again on my S8 after about two years of not using it. I did get some rainout when it was turned-up to 6 but, a couple of days later when I received my ClimateLine hose I didn't have to contend with rainout anymore. I still can't get used to NOT being congested all the time and I haven't had a sinus infection in a couple of months - a new world record for me.
Amazing

Maybe this calls for some Leek Soup! Too-funny I do love onions and they're not just for breakfast anymore!

Ren

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2012, 11:52 PM)TheWerkz Wrote: Maybe this calls for some Leek Soup! Too-funny I do love onions and they're not just for breakfast anymore!

Ren

onion play important part in any kitchen and about so humble as you can get
maybe bc they,re always available and cheap (most of the times)

good for cholesterol and helps protect against heart disease

anyone for French onion soup Licklips
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2012, 12:13 AM)zonk Wrote: good for cholesterol and helps protect against heart disease

anyone for French onion soup Licklips

Offtopic
Yum! French onion soup Dancing Banana

I've loved them since I was a child and I used to snack on green onions watching TV at my Grandparents house, they're my favorite fruit!

I've never met an onion I didn't like. I always keep at least one bag in stock.

Can you get Vidalia onions down-under? They're only grown in a small 13 county region in Georgia but they're extra sweet and delicious, I look forward to buying them every year.Happy Eyes

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Ren.....Unfortunately, I don't have an air conditioner in my bedroom..I will try it without the humidifier and see how I go, then perhaps try it on a higher lever...I actually turned it down quite low...will experiment and see how I go.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2012, 02:47 AM)weeble Wrote: Thanks Ren.....Unfortunately, I don't have an air conditioner in my bedroom..I will try it without the humidifier and see how I go, then perhaps try it on a higher lever...I actually turned it down quite low...will experiment and see how I go.

Good deal! Everyone has to find their own sweet-spot!

Let us know how your congestion is doing.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 49 Yesterday, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 278 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 77 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,017 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,726 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  help needed teamarliss 7 260 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 699 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.