Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How important is it to have the latest firmware version?
RE: How important is it to have the latest firmware version?
(06-10-2013, 06:40 PM)SleepinginAdelaide Wrote: Bells and whistles are great but how you are travelling through the day is really what you want.
What are the features of the S9 AutoSet are considered "bells and whisles" non-essential or fancy features

S9 AutoSet algorithm differentiate between obstructive and central sleep apnea
and does respond apnea at 10 cm or above if deemed obstructive via FOT

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2013, 02:49 AM)zonk Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 06:40 PM)SleepinginAdelaide Wrote: Bells and whistles are great but how you are travelling through the day is really what you want.
What are the features of the S9 AutoSet are considered "bells and whisles" non-essential or fancy features

The things you mention aren't bells and whistles in my opinion but I'm sure on the S9, as with any product there are things that to one person is a bells and whistles item and to another absolutely essential. Eventually with good promotion and advertising bells and whistles become "vital" in the new firmware or model. Only the individual can decide what is absolutely essential. I suppose it is the wants and needs discussion. So when is the S10 available? Smile I'm certain with any and all new features I will sleep so much better - until a firmware update.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get my CPAP machines for free from the VA. I also got an S9. I got it in Sept. 2013. The firmware version is 0907. I went from an AHI score or 21 to .4. But its weird because I actually do not feel any differently. I have been using my CPAP faithfully for over 4 years. The VA gives me as much free sh*t as I want, when I want. So I get a new hose and mask about every 6 months. I don't really bother with cleaning the machine all that much. When it starts to look dirty, I turn it in and they give me a brand new one right out the box!

I just downloaded the Res Scan software from y'all site today and its a lot of info / BS to look at. But I guess that many number is AHI and how often I actually use the machine (which is 100% of the time).

Anyone got a firmware version of higher than 0907? From reading the above, I guess the only way to get an update is to get a new machine. lol What a ridiculous method. But since it is a medical device and not, for instance, a printer or USB Video Camera, I guess for liability they got to do it this way.

thanks for all the great posts!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2013, 02:49 AM)zonk Wrote: What are the features of the S9 AutoSet are considered "bells and whisles" non-essential or fancy features

I don't know about the bells, but mine has the "whistles". Firmware version is 907, but still has the dang doves in it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi klansman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
As far as I know, 907 is the latest firmware.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2013, 09:27 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi klansman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
As far as I know, 907 is the latest firmware.

You are correct Trish
Post Reply Post Reply
Awww... My brand new 0 hours S9 AutoSet came with FW 905... Sad Tongue
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2013, 05:03 PM)DOOM_NX Wrote: Awww... My brand new 0 hours S9 AutoSet came with FW 905... Sad Tongue

Isn't that the one that sometimes allows an electrical shock to travel up the hose and into the patient? Rolleyes Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2013, 05:24 PM)RonWessels Wrote:
(10-25-2013, 05:03 PM)DOOM_NX Wrote: Awww... My brand new 0 hours S9 AutoSet came with FW 905... Sad Tongue

Isn't that the one that sometimes allows an electrical shock to travel up the hose and into the patient? Rolleyes Bigwink

No that was 9.06.
9.05 was the the one that sucks the water out of the humidifier turning it into a firehose, facilitating 9.06.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll keep a fire extinguisher and my 3M 7500 mask handy just in case Tongue
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,879 10 hours ago
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  AHI vs Desaturation -which is more important? vwboop 1 127 03-08-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,081 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 558 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Information About Knightbridge Dual Chin Strap - IMPORTANT cmpman1974 0 423 12-13-2023, 12:31 AM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  What's the latest on the connection between PTSD and OSA/UARS? TryingToGetItRight 0 396 10-08-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: TryingToGetItRight
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 834 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.