Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How important is it to have the latest firmware version?
RE: How important is it to have the latest firmware version?
(05-11-2012, 06:05 AM)EyesWideOpen Wrote: Well, I finally got my ResMed S9 Autoset with version 905 firmware on it yesterday. It was quite the wait. That is the good news. Sadly I have not yet received any additional information on what changes there are in 905 versus 903 or 4. I have asked my DME to continue asking for clarification, and I'll pass along anything that I learn.

On a happy note I used the S9 last night and I am really impressed with it's performance. My AHI was reduced to .4 from a 3.5 the night before with my old RemStar Auto. It was really quiet and easy to breathe with. I also changed my mask to the ResMed Swift FX which I really love. It took 30 seconds to adjust the first time, and didn't move the whole night. It's very light and comfortable. I also used the climate-line tubing with the temperature set to 80, and even with the window open during a cold night, I am happy to report that there was absolutely no rain-out. Excellent!

Thanks to all on the forum for providing me with all of the data necessary to make this excellent choice.

I am just now reading this thread, and the above makes me quite jealous of you~! I woke up last night as I turned over and almost drowned in the water that ran up my nose. Oh-jeez

So, how are you liking your machine, hose, mask now?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,878 9 hours ago
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  AHI vs Desaturation -which is more important? vwboop 1 127 03-08-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,081 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 558 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Information About Knightbridge Dual Chin Strap - IMPORTANT cmpman1974 0 423 12-13-2023, 12:31 AM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  What's the latest on the connection between PTSD and OSA/UARS? TryingToGetItRight 0 396 10-08-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: TryingToGetItRight
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 834 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.