Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How important is it to have the latest firmware version?
RE: How important is it to have the latest firmware version?
(05-04-2012, 01:54 PM)Rritch Wrote: Jumpstart not a problem at all. I agree completely people can have different opinions and it is nice to see a healthy and civil debate of those opinions Thanks

SS believe me growing up with the last name RITCH is was often changed to a "B" (I dont't believe that was Jumpstarts intention). You get used to it and since it is not spelled RICH like most people exptect I will tell people it is spelled like the "B" word with an R Dielaughing

Well, my vision doesn't always work well up close, and it LOOKED like Britch to me! Sorry for the error, Rritch. And no, it wasn't deliberate. I don't do subtle very well. My approach is what is called - at least when phrased politely - direct. People seldom have a problem knowing when I am taking issue with anything or anyone. :grin:
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Jumpstart not a problem at all. And for the record I have been told that I am about a subtle as a sledgehammer. I may not always be the most politically correct but at least people know where I stand on things.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thought, Rritch, both for you and others concerned about a possible delay in getting treatment: Based on the sometimes considerable time which frequently elapses between when a doctor gets the PSG report, and then meets with the patient to order a machine, as reported on this forum and others, it appears that many MDs are also not very worried about a short time delay in beginning treatment. And, like you, I am noting this simply to provide further fodder for those who perhaps are wondering if waiting (should it actually come to that) for the latest firmware would be reasonable.

And now I will sign off and go out to dinner with friends who want to buy me a steak!!!! Ahhh, sometimes life is great.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2012, 07:11 PM)JumpStart Wrote: And now I will sign off and go out to dinner with friends who want to buy me a steak!!!! Ahhh, sometimes life is great.
Australian wines goes very well with steak Dielaughing
Bon appetit

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2012, 08:29 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 07:11 PM)JumpStart Wrote: And now I will sign off and go out to dinner with friends who want to buy me a steak!!!! Ahhh, sometimes life is great.
Australian wines goes very well with steak Dielaughing
Bon appetit

Zonk, are you a full-fledged member of the Aussie Chamber of Commerce, or simply a hard-working volunteer? Anyway - the wine was Californian, and we loved every drop. And thanks for the well wishes - my wife and I had a great meal as well as evening.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I finally got my ResMed S9 Autoset with version 905 firmware on it yesterday. It was quite the wait. That is the good news. Sadly I have not yet received any additional information on what changes there are in 905 versus 903 or 4. I have asked my DME to continue asking for clarification, and I'll pass along anything that I learn.

On a happy note I used the S9 last night and I am really impressed with it's performance. My AHI was reduced to .4 from a 3.5 the night before with my old RemStar Auto. It was really quiet and easy to breathe with. I also changed my mask to the ResMed Swift FX which I really love. It took 30 seconds to adjust the first time, and didn't move the whole night. It's very light and comfortable. I also used the climate-line tubing with the temperature set to 80, and even with the window open during a cold night, I am happy to report that there was absolutely no rain-out. Excellent!

Thanks to all on the forum for providing me with all of the data necessary to make this excellent choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
EyesWideOpen,

Glad to hear you got what you're after and I hope the low AHI continues for you. My AHI the past two nights were the opposite - 0.35 to 3.2... Hmm... You didn't somehow figure out how to steal my swap our AHI's did you?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know whether or no the drop in AHI was all in my mind or what, but I'm happy with the results!

You just drank too much last night, and maybe I didn't drink enough!
Post Reply Post Reply
EWO, glad you got the 905. I don't know, but doubt, if you will ever get a response from you DME. I have submitted the following request 3 separate times so far, with changes in the text only for the number of times I previously asked, to ResMed via their website, and after 11 days, still do not have the courtesy of any reply:

"I do not currently have the most recent firmware on my S9 Autoset machine. Is it possible to update the firmware, and if so, how do I do it? Also, are there release notes somewhere, so I can determine whether or not an update would be useful to me? Thanks."

Frankly, I don't now expect any reply, but I will continue to send every 3-4 days. Their response to my submission has always been the automated "we or one of our representatives will contact you in 1-2 business days".

Post Reply Post Reply
I may contact the ResMed Rep in this area myself if I haven't heard anything back from the DME by the end of next week. I'll keep you posted.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,874 8 hours ago
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  AHI vs Desaturation -which is more important? vwboop 1 127 03-08-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,081 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 558 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Information About Knightbridge Dual Chin Strap - IMPORTANT cmpman1974 0 423 12-13-2023, 12:31 AM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  What's the latest on the connection between PTSD and OSA/UARS? TryingToGetItRight 0 396 10-08-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: TryingToGetItRight
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 834 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.