Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How important is it to have the latest firmware version?
RE: How important is it to have the latest firmware version?
(04-13-2012, 04:35 PM)zonk Wrote: Resmed don,t advertise the changes but assume as always good to get the latest as whatever problems would be rectified in the latest version.
Steven did post about this issue in the old forum.

Is there a way to update the firmware on the S9????????
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2012, 05:22 AM)Ribman Wrote:
(04-13-2012, 04:35 PM)zonk Wrote: Resmed don,t advertise the changes but assume as always good to get the latest as whatever problems would be rectified in the latest version.

don,t think so other than getting a new machine with the current firmware version

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2012, 05:40 AM)zonk Wrote:
(10-24-2012, 05:22 AM)Ribman Wrote:

don,t think so other than getting a new machine with the current firmware version

I actually got my DME who sells a bunch of ResMed machines to ask that Question directly to ResMed.

ResMed can & will update the firmware - but they require the "DME" to request it AND the "DME" to send the machine to ResMed directly.

ResMed will update the firmware by changing the entire card in the machine. Yes, I know that sounds like overkill, but that is the ONLY way ResMed will do it.

ResMed will charge the DME for the cost of the new card & their time.
The DME would not share that amount with me.
The DME is responsible for the shipping costs both ways.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2012, 12:06 PM)StuUnderPressure Wrote:
(10-24-2012, 05:40 AM)zonk Wrote:
(10-24-2012, 05:22 AM)Ribman Wrote: Is there a way to update the firmware on the S9????????

I actually got my DME who sells a bunch of ResMed machines to ask that Question directly to ResMed.

ResMed can & will update the firmware - but they require the "DME" to request it AND the "DME" to send the machine to ResMed directly.

ResMed will update the firmware by changing the entire card in the machine. Yes, I know that sounds like overkill, but that is the ONLY way ResMed will do it.

ResMed will charge the DME for the cost of the new card & their time.
The DME would not share that amount with me.
The DME is responsible for the shipping costs both ways.

For sure DME will be reluctant to firmware update patient's CPAP because of the costsSad
Maybe we should start a survey to find out whether anyone's CPAP had received that sort of maintenance? and the community will have idea what to do to get firmware updatedThinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2012, 07:47 PM)koala Wrote: Maybe we should start a survey
a survey ... no problem
calling PollCat (polling administrator) to the rescue [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4yQoh-l7BFigJOkUxKJP...WeiLxCa2tM]

Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed and their shareholders are in the business of making money and selling new machines ... not doing any upgrades
more likely an S10 in the pipeline
Post Reply Post Reply
So, how important is it to have the latest firmware? Ours is rather "dated" - SX474-0602.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2013, 11:06 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: So, how important is it to have the latest firmware? Ours is rather "dated" - SX474-0602.
Mine is the same as yours, I don,t believe is important enough to upgrade ... if it ain't broken, don't fix it

As far as I know, newer S9 owners do also complain of the motor noise when breathing out. I believe its an engineering problem, might be rectified with new machine altogether, not just firmware upgrade

Couple things changed, SmatStart works with full face masks and mask fit pressure on the AutoSet, it uses 95% pressure of previous night
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2013, 05:35 PM)zonk Wrote: Mine is the same as yours, I don,t believe is important enough to upgrade ... if it ain't broken, don't fix it

As far as I know, newer S9 owners do also complain of the motor noise when breathing out. I believe its an engineering problem, might be rectified with new machine altogether, not just firmware upgrade

Couple things changed, SmatStart works with full face masks and mask fit pressure on the AutoSet, it uses 95% pressure of previous night

Thanks for the answer.

Well, none of the above problems applies to us, so we're good...

Having an IT background, I'm not eager to try new firmware either...
Post Reply Post Reply
Bad example I know but does anyone remember XP to Vista?

In a dark room with a hose on your nose is it going to make that much difference? Could you really tell if you were hooked up to an S8 or S9 Autoset with only hoses coming out of the wall regardless of the model or firmware? Bells and whistles are great but how you are travelling through the day is really what you want.

Has anyone done a one month on a 90# machine compared to a numerically higher firmware for another month? What were the quantifiable differences one over the other?

In a darkroom hopefully all machines pump air Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,930 Yesterday, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  AHI vs Desaturation -which is more important? vwboop 1 128 03-08-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,081 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 558 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Information About Knightbridge Dual Chin Strap - IMPORTANT cmpman1974 0 423 12-13-2023, 12:31 AM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  What's the latest on the connection between PTSD and OSA/UARS? TryingToGetItRight 0 396 10-08-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: TryingToGetItRight
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 835 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.