Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How important is it to have the latest firmware version?
RE: How important is it to have the latest firmware version?
Maybe 903 is the latest available in Canada at the moment?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2012, 09:50 PM)EyesWideOpen Wrote: Just to confirm; Jumpstart, did you say that you have version 904? The guy at ResMed technical support said that 903 was the latest?????

Yes, 904 is correct. And I am not surprised that others have 905. The day before I got mine in early March, 2012, ResMed tech support also told me that 903 was the latest. As I said, they aren't the swiftest company - or perhpas honest is a better term - when dealing with firmware/software issues. It can be that their latest firmware change actually would have been around 900, to pick a random number, and the various locations where they assemble the units and install the firmware have numbers like 901, 903, 904,etc.. Who knows? At least they make quality machines. I suspect, but don't know, that anything in the 903 category will be as current as you can get them to commit to having. You might work your way up the food chain, but I seriously doubt you will find someone there willing to commit to an absolute fixed figure.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Or the people answering the phone don't have the latest script sheet to read from.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I never told the Tech that I was from Canada, so I can't see him delibrately telling me the Canadian Story, and the Tech was in California. So, I 'm guessing JumpStart has it right. They don't want people demanding the latest and greatest because it'll screw up the supply chain. He did say that ResMed could not guarantee the latest would be available. So he probably picked a number that would be most widely available, thinking that that would make me happy.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received a 905 from an Oshawa ontario DME
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2012, 02:58 PM)oldteddybear Wrote: I received a 905 from an Oshawa ontario DME
Congrats

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2012, 01:19 AM)pssnn Wrote: Makes me wonder if I'm missing other "easter eggs" Wink

Yes I do have the 0905 version.
I didn't find any goodies in mine
Congrats

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2012, 02:58 PM)oldteddybear Wrote: I received a 905 from an Oshawa ontario DME

Well that does it! Ontario, Canada has 905's, so that's what I'll demand on Monday morning. Thanks for chiming in OldTeddyBear. It's good to know that 905's are available in Ontario. Mine will likely be coming from Toronto as well.Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Just my opinion here but I think that the benefits of a CPAP out weigh a firmware version. If you demand a specific version of firmware I suspect that the DME will tell you they have no wy to do that, either that or it will delay maybe significantly getting your machine. People have been using the S9's with great success for quite a while. I suspect that any machine currently in the supply chain will work fine. Again just my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2012, 11:01 PM)Rritch Wrote: Just my opinion here but I think that the benefits of a CPAP out weigh a firmware version. If you demand a specific version of firmware I suspect that the DME will tell you they have no wy to do that, either that or it will delay maybe significantly getting your machine. People have been using the S9's with great success for quite a while. I suspect that any machine currently in the supply chain will work fine. Again just my opinion.

I must disagree with Britch. Consider the analogy as similar to getting a car, IMO, although admittedly that does not involve a medical concern. Is it worth getting an old car just so you can have immediate transportation, or for the same price (and possibly, but not certainly) waiting a short time and getting a new one which could do more, has less bugs, and has more options? Depends on how much you consider your need for starting CPAP vs getting the best machine for your money and future needs, if there is an issue of delay at all, which is certainly unknown.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,063 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  AHI vs Desaturation -which is more important? vwboop 1 151 03-08-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 579 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Information About Knightbridge Dual Chin Strap - IMPORTANT cmpman1974 0 441 12-13-2023, 12:31 AM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  What's the latest on the connection between PTSD and OSA/UARS? TryingToGetItRight 0 407 10-08-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: TryingToGetItRight
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 852 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.