Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How important is to replace the filter on the A10?
RE: How important is to replace the filter on the A10?
(01-01-2022, 02:07 AM)clownbell Wrote: Filters are cheap. The worst thing that can happen is that you waste a few cents. I don't see the upside of NOT changing the filter.

Agreed.  I've been buying the 24 packs on Amazon for $7;  for that price I don't see any reason to keep using one after 2 weeks even if it appears clean.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2022, 11:21 AM)NotADr Wrote: Agreed.  I've been buying the 24 packs on Amazon for $7;  for that price I don't see any reason to keep using one after 2 weeks even if it appears clean.

Wonderful saving! I'll look for these. Hope that Amazon in Canada carries them.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread -- please tell me if that's the case. I'm intrigued by the comment about allergies somebody made earlier. TBH, I'm new to this CPAP thing, and until I read this thread I didn't even know there was a filter. So, of course, I haven't cleaned or changed mine so far.

Anyway... in allergy season, I normally sleep (and do everything else) next to a small air cleaner, which helps a lot. If I'm still using CPAP when Spring comes around, I guess I'll have to think about whether I can position the air cleaner next to the CPAP's air intake. But if CPAP filters do the same kind of air-cleaning job, anyway, perhaps I won't need to?

And... do the filters need to be cleaned/changed more often when there's a load of dust and pollen around? Where I live, there's often a heap of fine dust in the air in summer.

Sorry if this should be in a new thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
The more dusty or polleny the air is, then yes, the more likely you will need to change it more frequently. Honestly, I left mine months before I changed it because I forgot it was even a thing I had to add to my "maintenance" list. I never saw any real issues despite it being run all the way through spring and into summer where I am (and I have allergies too). I've definitely found that I have fewer sniffles and less coughing since I've been on the CPAP, so I feel like it's doing a good job at filtering out at least some of the pollen etc that I'm inhaling. My eyes, not so much though. They still get itchy and cruddy, so do with that info what you will!

Honestly, because filters are so cheap, then even swapping them every couple of weeks isn't a huge deal. Monthly is usually good enough, but if you're seeing obvious discolouration before that, then you might want to swap out more often, every couple of weeks or so. An extra filter near the intake certainly won't hurt to pre-filter the air and protect your machine's innards. It's easy enough to pop open the door and check until you are comfortable with the routine that works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Another thing on my to-do list Wink

Best wishes, DS
Post Reply Post Reply
My Airsense 10 Autoset has a setting that will remind you to change the filter. I set it for the 1st of the month but usually remember to check it sometime during the month.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ran into same issue and the difficulty in breathing could be seen in my oscar data. I was literally hyperventilating in my sleep because of the restriction. I thought it was my p10 mask plugging up and poked larger vent holes before I realized it was actually the filter.

Since then I replace regularly. I wish I could find a source to buy official filters from for a reasonable rate because most of the ones I buy online are off brand and either flimsy or too restrictive.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2022, 04:44 PM)Geer1 Wrote: Since then I replace regularly. I wish I could find a source to buy official filters from for a reasonable rate because most of the ones I buy online are off brand and either flimsy or too restrictive.

The brand I buy is "Medihealer" and I've been happy with those, although they aren't sold under Resmed's name.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2022, 04:58 PM)NotADr Wrote: The brand I buy is "Medihealer" and I've been happy with those, although they aren't sold under Resmed's name.

I currently have been using their hypoallergenic filters but they are notably more restrictive. I just make sure to change them often.

Haven't tried their standard ones to know how they compare.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2021, 11:43 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I change the filter monthly too.  Remember, the filter protects the machine.
I've also found that hypoallergenic filters (which cost more) seem to restrict air flow a bit, so I use the regular filters.

Yes it protect the machine and if I understand well how a filter works, a dirty filter should filter better than a new or clean one.
The only backdraw is the lower air flow ... and this affect the user.
This should be a compromize ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,955 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 133 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 981 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 168 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  AHI vs Desaturation -which is more important? vwboop 1 176 03-08-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 261 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 620 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.