Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How lack of sleep affects my appearance
How lack of sleep affects my appearance
I've noticed that even with the sleep apnea machine, some nights I still don't get a very good night sleep. This seems to affect my expression, giving me I think a very anxious or frustrated appearance. It gets so bad that people who are normally friendly will stop talking to me. Strangers will prank me. I've had kids throw stuff at me. I had a job where they didn't want me hanging out by the front door like where I'm waiting for a cab to arrive.

The only other tells I have for this condition is I seem to talk to myself a lot and my morning urinations are minor.

I don't know exactly what it is because I have no one in my life that will approach this embarrassing topic.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How lack of sleep affects my appearance
You need to fill out your profile so we can better help you.

Nocturia is a common problem with guys and sleep apnea. Do a search on the forum for that word and you'll find others who have this problem and see suggestions.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2013, 12:35 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: You need to fill out your profile so we can better help you.

Nocturia is a common problem with guys and sleep apnea. Do a search on the forum for that word and you'll find others who have this problem and see suggestions.

Nocturia is nighttime urination. That's not a problem. I was talking in my original post about my morning urination.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SleepyJohn,
weLCOME to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
What machine do you have?
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2013, 01:42 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi SleepyJohn,
weLCOME to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
What machine do you have?
Best of luck to you.

I have a Remstar from 2006.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi John - welcome to Apnea Board.

Lack of proper sleep can have all sorts of negative effects upon the body. And of course, these issues can affect the way we "look".... tired eyes, puffy face, etc. If your machine is from 2006, it's possible that the machine isn't functioning the way it used to, or it's possible that your pressure needs have changed, and the machine is not now set on the most effective pressure. You may need to adjust your pressures slightly.

To do that, see this page:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...re-on-cpap

If you need the Clinician Setup Manual for your machine, you can get that free, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

What version of 2006 REMstar do you have? The Plus, Pro or Auto? The Autos are generally better, because they will adjust to your needs on an ongoing basis, rather than delivering a single, non-changing pressure all the time. A data-capable machine is even better, because you can monitor your progress using some free software like SleepyHead.

The average useful lifespan for most CPAP machines is about 5 years. Your 7 year old machine may need to be replaced with a newer machine with better internal firmware which will be more effective to control your apnea events.

For advice on machine choices, see this article by Archangle:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Poor sleep quality and how it affects you p123 6 876 02-01-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: glenncol
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 808 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sudden appearance of CSR herenthere 8 745 04-12-2023, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.