Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long before seeing health benefits
How long before seeing health benefits
How long before you saw or did you see benefits to your overall health after beginning CPAP therapy? How long and how much???

BP improvements
Weight
Cardiac status
Polyuria/Nocturia
Daytime yawning
Attention span

what else....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How long before seeing health benefits
Morning headache gone first night used PAP, not sure how long for nocturia but now I get up once to pee and some night none

Weight loss, is all about how much food I eat and how much calories I need. To loose any kilos, I'll have to eat less than my calories needs but not going happen any time soon for this couch potato

As for feeling better, took some time adjusting and get the hang of it

Its been said "Rome was not built in a day" and "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
and
There is always light at the end of the tunnel

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DariaVader,
For some people, the benefits are noticed right away and for others, it takes quite a while to notice.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been on APAP for 7 weeks.
BP: Never had a problem.
Morning Headache: gone after 5 days.
Nocturia: Gone after 5 days.
Daytime Yawning/Dozing Off: after 15 days or so.
Attention Span: Still increasing.
All in all, its after 40+ days that I had 2 perfect days in a row.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2014, 08:59 PM)AshSF Wrote: I have been on APAP for 7 weeks.
BP: Never had a problem.
Morning Headache: gone after 5 days.
Nocturia: Gone after 5 days.
Daytime Yawning/Dozing Off: after 15 days or so.
Attention Span: Still increasing.
All in all, its after 40+ days that I had 2 perfect days in a row.
Hi AshSF,
It's great to hear that you are doing well with your CPAP therapy. Keep up the good work and WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
How long before you saw or did you see benefits to your overall health after beginning CPAP therapy? How long and how much???

BP improvements --- Don't know. Doing ok though.
Weight --- Not much change. Went back to Twinkies, so that should help.
Cardiac status --- Don't know that that needed improvement.
Polyuria/Nocturia --- Much improvement right away.
Daytime yawning --- Took awhile, but I kind of enjoy yawning.
Attention span --- ....... I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

Post Reply Post Reply
I have had 5 nights on CPAP. Total N00b... but I am excited because now that I know I have apnea, and what it does, (and is treatable) I believe that I had it all my life not just since I got to be old and fat. only 1 night out of 5 have I had to get up and go pee. This has never happened before - I have literally gone in the middle of the night at least once a night and usually a great deal more for all of my life. Morning headaches (and body aches)only once in 5 days. BP, i am hoping... that is why they sent me for the sleep study. Weight --- that would be awesome. but I am really hoping that the next tick on the list will be some relief from constant yawning (another for all my life issue) and sleepiness. Since I got the hose, all I want is to sleep all the time!!! I wake up alert, and a couple hours later am ready for more nice deep sleep. It has improved some tho and maybe will be all gone if I can figure out how not to let my eyes puff up into big balloons every night.

I was hoping to hear more say something like - oh, yes, my BP and weight both plummeted like a rock after 2 to 3 mo on PAP Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish my weight dropped too but no luck, looks like the best exercise I was getting was the fight to breath at night. The nocturia went away quickly as did the gerd / acid reflux. Just awake and more alert, not dozing off in the first lull in activity. My eyes did puff up also, don't know why but it went away by itself.
Was there a day time yodeling question? Oh yawning, that would have to get better but may take some time. Keep up the battle.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
76 days on the machine.

BP improvements Barely to uncontrolled with meds under control with two less meds in two weeks.

Weight 43 lb weight loss
Cardiac status Afib on and off after ablation surgery two years before going on pap. None now.

Polyuria/Nocturia Gone first day

Daytime yawning Gone first day.

Attention span Totally confused for a couple hours in the mornings before, gone first day.

what else....

After a couple weeks== Physical stamina greatly improved. Better wind. Better muscle tone.

Nails no longer bluish looking. Overall skin color normal. Pale before due to nightly low O2 and not having enough energy to do much of anything.

Overall within a week when I wake up Im awake. No drowsy, cant get up fog. Dont feel like a walking dead person struggling to get through a day. Of course I thought that was normal before cpap. It aint thank goodness LOL.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ghost1958, that's awesome! (ima1958ertoo...)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gut Absorbtion Health? Zoltyzolt 0 91 03-21-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Zoltyzolt
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 209 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 561 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
Cool [Health] FYI: OSA AND EYE HEALTH srlevine1 2 307 01-27-2024, 01:54 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.