Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long before seeing health benefits
RE: How long before seeing health benefits
It took some time, but it took about five weeks to get used to having the mask and then transitioning to sleeping all night with it on.

BP improvements: Sixty days after acclimation to the machine I came off BP meds
Weight: No change
Cardiac status: Never had problems
Polyuria/Nocturia: About eight days after starting pap therapy I stopped going to the bathroom in the middle of the night (was going four to six times)
Daytime yawning: About four weeks after starting I stopped yawning during the day, usually now don't start yawning till around six in the evening
Attention span: Four weeks it got better
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How long before seeing health benefits
The funny thing about "symptoms" is sometimes something just gets better and we might not even notice. For instance, just this morning it occurred to me something was missing from my life now that I'm using CPAP. For years I've been able to predict changes in the seasons, or even changes in weather patterns because I'd get a headache. Not a huge sort of headache, but one for which I would take Tylenol for a few days.

I don't do that anymore! I can't even remember when I quit doing that. But I'm glad I don't.

Sort of like I don't have to take Prilosec anymore. I took that stuff for years. But not anymore.

So there are really some things that get better that are quite nice, even if we do still "yawn" lots of the time. I kind of like that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gut Absorbtion Health? Zoltyzolt 0 89 03-21-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Zoltyzolt
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 201 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 559 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 615 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
Cool [Health] FYI: OSA AND EYE HEALTH srlevine1 2 305 01-27-2024, 01:54 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.