Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long did it take to notice the difference? 9.5 months for me
RE: How long did it take to notice the difference? 9.5 months for me
Started noticing drastic improvement after about 6 weeks. Felt great by the 6th month.
Post Reply Post Reply
Right away for me. I haven't had to take one nap since the first night of therapy. I consider myself fortunate and apap therapy a life saver. Never give up. Never quit.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been on APAP for about a month, and am still experimenting with masks, pressures, chinstraps etc. That said, although a lot of times I don't feel like a ball of fire when I first get up in the morning, I am MUCH more energetic and sharp throughout the day. I take much fewer naps, am able to be active all day without feeling tired, and am not as depressed as I was before therapy. So far I would consider this therapy a life-saver (or at least a life-style-enhancer), and am eternally grateful to my wife for helping me to overcome my reluctance to get treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
I use the Res Med AirCurve 10, on BIPAP. I've been on therapy now for 6 months now, and I don't feel any better. My doctor told me that it's going to take time, since this apnea didn't happen over night. My AHI numbers are all over the place. It could be as low as 5.29 to as high as 18. But I keep using the machine, in hopes that one day, I'll feel better.
Shy Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Been 3 weeks and still tired. Good numbers in sleepyhead, hopefully soon I can get away from the afternoon sleeps.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2015, 09:03 AM)1howardg Wrote: I use the Res Med AirCurve 10, on BIPAP. I've been on therapy now for 6 months now, and I don't feel any better. My doctor told me that it's going to take time, since this apnea didn't happen over night. My AHI numbers are all over the place. It could be as low as 5.29 to as high as 18. But I keep using the machine, in hopes that one day, I'll feel better.

Your AHI is still running too high, and you need to get that addressed. If your doctor can't help you with the necessary adjustments then you need to do it on your own, or find another doctor. If your machine is data capable download SleepyHead and look at your data every day. Watch the trends.

Get back to us when you have some detailed information and we can make suggestions to help.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 281 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,643 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 484 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 246 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 9 1,055 02-20-2024, 09:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.