Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long does a sleep study need to be to detect central sleep apnoea
RE: How long does a sleep study need to be to detect central sleep apnoea
(11-21-2015, 06:28 PM)napnaptime Wrote:
(11-21-2015, 03:31 PM)archangle Wrote:
(11-18-2015, 12:12 PM)napnaptime Wrote: Monday 09th - 4 Clear Airway events, 1 hypopnea events
Tuesday 10th - 5 Clear Airway events, 2 hypopnea events
Wednesday 11th - 4 Clear Airway events, 2 hypopnea events
Thursday 12th - 9 Clear Airway events, 2 hypopnea events
Friday 13th - 8 Clear Airway events, 1 hypopnea events
Saturday 14th - 10 Clear Airway events, 2 hypopnea events
Sunday 15th - 1 Clear Airway event, 0 hypopnea events

Total events or events per hour.

Doesn't sound too bad if it's per hour, but look at your flow rate waveforms and see how long the individual events are.

I don't know how to read this stuff I can barely read a page of a book my cognition is so messed up.
All explained in this guide http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 04:31 PM)zonk Wrote: Which S9 is your machine? the name printed next to on/off button
The S9 (except S9 Escape and S9 Escape Auto) detect and score central apnea
I think the autoset mode does a good job with central apnea, not by treatment but rather by not causing central apnea in the first place as it does not increase pressure in response to such events not associated with closed airways ... win win situation
Post Reply Post Reply
I get 4 to 5 clear airway events every night. Tossing and turning can actually do that. There are other possible causes. In my case, it's already known I have bradycardia AND RLS both of which contributes to my lack of rest. The bradycardia only shows up when I'm laying down, so oxymetry would maybe be of benefit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2015, 11:03 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I get 4 to 5 clear airway events every night. Tossing and turning can actually do that. There are other possible causes. In my case, it's already known I have bradycardia AND RLS both of which contributes to my lack of rest. The bradycardia only shows up when I'm laying down, so oxymetry would maybe be of benefit.

I have already had Oximetry done, my blood oxygen saturation was 93%. I woke up this morning at 7:30 a.m it is now 11:00 a.m. and I need to go back to bed. It is like someone just sucks the energy out of me.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep study lasted one night.
As I recall I had a box strapped to my chest, a small pipe up each nostril, two sticky pad sensors attached to my chest, and one of those things that clamps to your finger which I think is for blood pressure.

Filling in the question sheet afterwards, in the comments section I stated that I thought the equipment was so uncomfortable that I found it hard to believe that any results could be representative of a nights sleep, good or otherwise!

No answer was forthcoming.

From this "study" it was somehow deduced that I had serious sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 3 105 12 minutes ago
Last Post: Lucky7
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 588 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 75 1,706 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 238 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 63 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.