Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long does it take to feel better?
How long does it take to feel better?
Hi,
I started CPAP therapy 2 weeks ago. I'm using a resumed auto airsense 10 with an amara view full face mask. My pressure setting is 6-14 (my AHI was 82 on one day, 49 on the other during my sleep test). Resmed's s/w is measuring a high daily level (11 to 23 so far) of A/H incidents. Since I am a fairly smail female, I swapped out the original Quattro Air mask for the amara and got significantly less leakage, but no improvement in incidents. The number of incidents are actually increasing rather than declining.

I have 2 questions- on the average, how long does it take to start feeling better? And, would a higher maximum pressure setting create a lower incident score?

Oh, I have ordered an SD reader so will be able to read my card soon.

Thanks so much for any advice. There sure seems to be an incredible amount of wisdom on this board. I sure am glad to have found it!
Greendog
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How long does it take to feel better?
Your AHI is still too high; the trick is to see why, so getting that card reader will be important. Hope it arrives soon Smile Does myair show the breakdown in AHI? (Obstructive, Hypopnia, Central)? and is your pressure 8-14(profile) or 6-14(above)? We will want to know if it's maxing out, or if there are a lot of events while the pressure is rising, or if the breakthrough events are CA.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Greendog,
WELCOME to the forum.!
Some people notice that they feel better right away and others, it takes a while before they notice improvements.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Trish and Daria,
Thanks so much for your replies! As soon as the card reader arrives, I'll be posting some data. I am SO glad that I found you guys!!!
Greendog
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome!

Two weeks is not long. I felt better after one night, but I felt MUCH better after three months. This takes a while to recover from and you need to be patient.

Your AHI is still too high and can be improved, but give it time. Rushing this is a natural desire but not realistic. A higher pressure might help, but it might make things worse. Get the SD card, get some data, and make decisions based on information. And still make changes gradually.

Post Reply Post Reply
GreenDog,
Go ahead and download the SleepyHead software, then when your card reader arrives, you will be ready to go.
http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./
You can use an outside source like imgur to upload some data.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 195 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 835 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 329 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 902 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.