Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long does it take to get quality sleep
How long does it take to get quality sleep
I am new cpap at least a month .   I am still not getting quality sleep like I used to. I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea .  I am falling asleep easier however I continue to toss frequently .  I know it is different for everyone and just curious how long it has taken you  to get a good quality sleep.  Thank you again  for reading my posts
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How long does it take to get quality sleep
More than a year on CPAP now and still working on getting really good sleep.  There is no reason to think that sleep apnea was the only thing wrong with you.  Vitamin D levels is/was one of my other problems.  I am still researching and working on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1

Some nights are better than others, but I still wake occasionally due to external stimulus... lights, sounds, etc...

I find it easier to go to sleep, and most importantly, I no longer have trouble remaining alert in meetings, classes, and when driving home from work.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Years ago I had UPPP surgery and thought I would be fine forever. But, my apnea came back with a vengeance.

I am going on a year now using a PAP and have had many machine/therapy issues. They are still trying to find the right fit for me and I need another sleep study.

But I am probably more the extreme rather than the norm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I am new cpap at least a month .   I am still not getting quality sleep like I used to. I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea .  I am falling asleep easier however I continue to toss frequently .  I know it is different for everyone and just curious how long it has taken you  to get a good quality sleep.  Thank you again  for reading my posts
It varies tremendously.  A few people are lucky enough to feel much better within a few nights of PAPing. And a few of us are unlucky enough to take 6-12 months before we are able to sleep with the machine, and then it can take even more time before we start to feel better.

But in reading these forums for years, I would say that most people tend to take a month or two to fully adjust to sleeping with a CPAP machine ---if they don't run into problems with mask discomfort, leaks, aerophagia, insomnia, etc.  And you have to fix all those comfort problems before you can start sleeping well with the machine.

And you have to be sleeping well with the machine before you will start to feel better: After learning how to sleep with the CPAP, it can take another month or two of using CPAP before you really start to notice that you are feeling better.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok ty everyone for your responses
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 253 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 561 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.