Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long for centrals/clear airways to subside after starting apap?
RE: How long for centrals/clear airways to subside after starting apap?
The reason I got a sleep test in the first place was because I was tired throughout the day and had a gradual decline in my wakefulness and cognitive abilities over the course of 1-2 years. Assuming the UARS I was diagnosed with was causing my tiredness, what in particular would be causing my tiredness? Sorry if I sound somewhat rude in asking this question. My sleep test recorded an AHI of 1.8, which isn't very high from what I have heard. Is this high enough to cause symptoms like I have described. If it isn't, is another variable recorded high enough to cause symptoms like my RDI index of 88 from the test? If neither are true then do I even need xPAP at all or was I just sold on it for the company that provided the test to make money? I don't know if I even need treatment at this point. In your opinion, based on the sleep test attached would I even need treatment? Thanks for the help.

.pdf   Sleep Study.pdf (Size: 304.48 KB / Downloads: 17)
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh sh*t, are you sure you are alive?
Your Oxygen sats are in the mid 60s for a really long extended time. Your pulse was over 159. Your RDI of <12 and AJI of <2 are nothing in comparison.

THAT is your issue!!!
Do you have a recording pulse oximeter? What does it say? Are you on nighttime supplemental oxygen? Without PAP you definitely should be.
I want to see see what your oxygen is now and overnight. The sooner the better.

And please start your own thread and ask to have these posts added to it. Do you mind if I have it done, Blanco bonzo therapy thread
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry if I did anything to elicit such a snide response. I was only trying to sum up my situation and didn't mean to offend you. I know my situation isn't as bad as many other's on this forum but I'm tired and just trying to get help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did not intend to offend you. I did intend to alarm you because it is that bad . That is the worst oxygen desats I have ever seen.
The summary of the report didn't even list them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you were reading the pulse in red on the right hand scale and thinking it was the SaO2 on the left hand scale.

If I understood his sleep study his oxygen is excellent.

I was thinking maybe he should look at something else, like Thyroid or testosterone levels or other types of blood work to see if something like that is causing him trouble.  But I don’t know very much so this is really a shot in the dark.  Apologies in advance if this is bad advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll add that that would easily explain your tiredness. They did not indicate that the readings were from faulty equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not seeing what you are seeing in that report.  I am seeing SaO2 as consistently excellent.  What am I missing?  I think it is a confusing plot but I suspect you are reading the pulse on the SaO2 scale.  SaO2 is the black line.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I did read the scales reversed, my apologies. Sats are good.
Post Reply Post Reply
I already had a ton of bloodwork done and spent a year on antidepressant to no avail.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, then my suggestion of more bloodwork is not helpful.  Sorry about that.  I am still learning so I will stay quiet now.  I would love to help but I lack the knowledge.  I wish you the best of luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 388 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,802 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,403 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 122 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.