Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long must I use CPAP
RE: How long must I use CPAP
(01-06-2018, 06:36 PM)enigma1944 Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 01:17 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: If you want to treat your sleep apnea you need to use it for a full night every night for the rest of your life. If you don't want to treat it than why bother using it at all?

Just return it and suffer without it. I myself prefer to use it.

This item is being paid for by insurance.  My doctor placed me on this machine just like a prescription and I must comply with the contract.  I was not told what it even is.  My apneas at 0-5 nightly which as I read from Mayo clinic is minimal. Why should I use this if I do not feel any different.  This to me is another example medicare scam

If you're having no more than 5 apneas a night, then you shouldn't need CPAP. Most everyone will have a few apneas a night - that's normal. But I think it's usually when you start to have more than about 10 is when it calls for treatment.

With yours being so minimal, I don't know why you couldn't be OK with a mouth guard appliance. At the same time, I'm no doctor, just curious.
Post Reply Post Reply
Enigma, do you have any of your diagnostic or titration sleep study results? I think we might be able to help you get more comfortable, but need to have some idea of what settings should be. If you can post #Sleepyhead data of your current therapy, we can look at ways to make pressure lower, or use a exhale pressure relief that will feel much better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2018, 04:00 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Enigma, do you have any of your diagnostic or titration sleep study results?  I think we might be able to help you get more comfortable, but need to have some idea of what settings should be.  If you can post [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url] data of your current therapy, we can look at ways to make pressure lower, or use a exhale pressure relief that will feel much better.

I'm sorry but I do not have that sleep study report with me.  I was placed on this equipment where I live in the summer Pittsburgh Pa, however, in the winter I live in Lakeland Fl where I am now.  My computer does not have a card feature so I can't do SleepyHead either. I realize this info is all negative but I can't do anything. I use a condenser at night and also have shoulder Activox when I walk.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
ok need to buy chin strap
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2018, 06:30 PM)enigma1944 Wrote: I'm sorry but I do not have that sleep study report with me.  I was placed on this equipment where I live in the summer Pittsburgh Pa, however, in the winter I live in Lakeland Fl where I am now.  My computer does not have a card feature so I can't do SleepyHead either. I realize this info is all negative but I can't do anything. I use a condenser at night and also have shoulder Activox when I walk.

I live east of Pittsburgh in Murrysville, so I'm just going to tell you it's been ridiculously cold here so far this winter.  Count your blessings and enjoy Spring training season.  A SD card reader for PC that plugs into a USB port costs $6 to $10 on Amazon, so if you have a USB port, the lack of a card reader port should not be a problem.  Without any idea of your settings and how you respond to them, we might as well make snow angels here.  There just is not much we can do other than encourage you to continue.  With the data, we can probably help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2018, 09:48 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 06:30 PM)enigma1944 Wrote: I'm sorry but I do not have that sleep study report with me.  I was placed on this equipment where I live in the summer Pittsburgh Pa, however, in the winter I live in Lakeland Fl where I am now.  My computer does not have a card feature so I can't do SleepyHead either. I realize this info is all negative but I can't do anything. I use a condenser at night and also have shoulder Activox when I walk.

I live east of Pittsburgh in Murrysville, so I'm just going to tell you it's been ridiculously cold here so far this winter.  Count your blessings and enjoy Spring training season.  A SD card reader for PC that plugs into a USB port costs $6 to $10 on Amazon, so if you have a USB port, the lack of a card reader port should not be a problem.  Without any idea of your settings and how you respond to them, we might as well make snow angels here.  There just is not much we can do other than encourage you to continue.  With the data, we can probably help.
Thanks
OK thanks for the answer.   My Aircurve Auto 10 is from Medcare in Greensburg by the way. Yes I know about weather.  I stay here until Apr.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 560 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,814 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  50 second long central apnea esaulcatnas 6 678 09-04-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  After a long time I'm back. Had a night again with low 80% dip oxygen level MyronH 0 449 08-05-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.