Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long should a rookie stick with a mask
RE: How long should a rookie stick with a mask
(10-28-2020, 09:05 AM)bonjour Wrote: Well advised above. All the insurance company cares about is that you use the machine, in otherwords compliance.

All we care about is that you get comfortable optimized therapy and you never have to worry about compliance again because you always us your machine.

Thank you bonjour, I appreciate all the help here.
Post Reply Post Reply
So the change to no ramp and minimum pressure of 6 definitely helped me. The first night I made the changes I was able to sleep for I think 4hrs 20min , and the second night I slept about 3hrs 30min. Ive got OSCAR loaded and working but not sure which stats I should post?
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at the Daily tab on OSCAR. Event flags go on top, then Flow Rate, Pressure, Leaks, Flow Limit. Change the size of the chart bars to fit these 5 all on one shot. Take the screenshot, then post it via the Attach button to first find the file then follow the path: Choose File>Add Attachment>Insert Into Post. It will place code onto your text box where you have the cursor. You can review the post by clicking Preview Post if you choose before actually posting.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, thanks Dave. I hope this is correct.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It worked, so congrats on attaching correctly. I did forget to close the calendar on OSCAR by clicking the black arrow next to the date. No need to redo these, it's just for next time.

OK by the numbers, you are getting good therapy. How do you feel during and after this therapy? Good or bad, let us know so we can assist if something is not doing well. If however, you feel better for therapy, just keep at it, and maybe you look at data to see if there's trends, again good or bad. The more you use the PAP and the more likely you'll know by feel if therapy is doing well or not. Soon enough looking at data weekly or less will be fine. Then only look at data if things feel off or not normal. No sense in obsessing over data if it's not necessary.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2020, 11:17 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: It worked, so congrats on attaching correctly. I did forget to close the calendar on OSCAR by clicking the black arrow next to the date. No need to redo these, it's just for next time.

OK by the numbers, you are getting good therapy. How do you feel during and after this therapy? Good or bad, let us know so we can assist if something is not doing well. If however, you feel better for therapy, just keep at it, and maybe you look at data to see if there's trends, again good or bad. The more you use the PAP and the more likely you'll know by feel if therapy is doing well or not. Soon enough looking at data weekly or less will be fine. Then only look at data if things feel off or not normal. No sense in obsessing over data if it's not necessary.

Thank you. I actually feel much better while using it than when I first tried to use it. As far as after, I can't notice much difference but if I had to say one way or the other I'd say I feel a little better. I'm really looking forward to getting more and more hours in each night, or back and forth if needed, and getting to the point where I put it on and then next thing I know my alarm clock is going off. My nose is a little tender so maybe I have the mask too tight but I'll mess with the strap and see how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK for the nose, if needed for soreness, maybe try this Lansinoh Lanolin stuff for nursing moms. It sounds odd to recommend, but apparently for those that use it for mask soreness it seems to help out.

And good on the bit of positive effects for PAP therapy. Congrats and keep at it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2020, 12:50 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK for the nose, if needed for soreness, maybe try this Lansinoh Lanolin stuff for nursing moms. It sounds odd to recommend, but apparently for those that use it for mask soreness it seems to help out.

And good on the bit of positive effects for PAP therapy. Congrats and keep at it.

Thank you very much. I appreciate all of the info, guidance and help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome and a great weekend to ya. That lanolin stuff may be at WallyWorld/WalMart, Target, etc. Maybe virtual shop to see which nearby store has it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend as well Dave !
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 380 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 559 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 614 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,805 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  50 second long central apnea esaulcatnas 6 678 09-04-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  After a long time I'm back. Had a night again with low 80% dip oxygen level MyronH 0 448 08-05-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.