Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How long to feel refreshed?
This poll is closed.
After the first night
27.45%
14 27.45%
Less than a month
17.65%
9 17.65%
Around 1-3 months
15.69%
8 15.69%
Around 3-6 months
3.92%
2 3.92%
Around 6-9 months
1.96%
1 1.96%
Around 9-12 months
0%
0 0%
Over a year
5.88%
3 5.88%
Never
27.45%
14 27.45%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How long to feel refreshed?
RE: How long to feel refreshed?
I did not want to leave my sleep study (split night) with out a machine because I sleep and felt better than I had in years! Still had to wait 2 weeks.
Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
I walked around a zombie for 7 years before breaking down and having a sleep study done. I was having major obstructive issues and many central apneas. Anyhow, after the very first night, it was like strapping on an anesthesia mask. It was so good to feel yourself falling asleep and staying asleep. I wish now, in hind sight, that I'd of had it done a whole lot sooner.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2012, 09:39 PM)zonk Wrote:
(03-20-2012, 05:00 PM)zonk Wrote: Yes feeling better not getting morning headache or fall asleep at the movies but is it as good as it can get, not sure.
it has been few months passed since posted the above comment
now can say .. yes it can get better for sure
sleeping longer, waking up feeling more refreshed and more mentally alert
not even my nose congested. maybe its a turning point
hope its not a fluke ... touch wood
Sleep-well

Thanks for this follow-up post Zonk. It gives me some hope. I'm one month into treatment and my improvement is very limited. I'm feeling a bit less tired during the day and my friends and family say I look better and "seem better" (not sure what they mean, exactly). However, I'm still sleeping 11 hours at night, my memory and concentration are still very bad and it still takes a monumental effort to do everyday things, like cooking dinner or dealing with mail.
Post Reply Post Reply
I felt better after the first night. It took at least two weeks to head toward that WOW feeling. I have been dreaming up a storm. I guess I am making up for lost time. I would say 10 years plus I was living with Sleep Apnea.
I am fortunate that I can tolerate the Full Face mask. It has been now almost two months and I few like a different person..
Dancing
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2013, 08:46 PM)megan_charles Wrote: It gives me some hope. I'm one month into treatment and my improvement is very limited. I'm feeling a bit less tired during the day and my friends and family say I look better and "seem better" (not sure what they mean, exactly).

My first month was horrible. I think I got less sleep, although there were some nights when I felt I got a better quality sleep.

Slowly I started improving and others noticed an improvement, too.

After I 18 months I feel like I've got a new brain!

I still have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, but things are nowhere near as bad as they were before CPAP therapy.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
after the first night for me, i did not believe it when people said it happened but did for me
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 185 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 87 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 828 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 895 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.