Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreViewer

Other Comments: quattro fx full face

Sex: Male

RE: How long to feel refreshed?
(03-20-2012 04:20 PM)b360155 Wrote:  
(03-20-2012 03:53 PM)markdirk@gmail.com Wrote:  I am replying without voting because I am a real newbie - just had night #4. So far it feels like I am waking up from a "deeper" place - and I am waking up groggy, which never used to happen (always wide awake at 6 am, no coffee needed.) Will keep y'all posted....

I've always heard that it's not a very good idea to use your email address for your Login ID/Nickname in forums. Think it has something to do with spammers. So, you might want to come up with a new nickname...but we're happy to have you join us!Coffee

correct.

e-mail harvesters search servers and websites with programs to find e-mail addresse that they can spam and sell to other spammers. never ever reply to spam no matter how tempting. when you reply they know it is a live address that they can spam or sell.
03-20-2012 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

The first few days of the therapy felt great probably beginners luck later on was a struggle coping with mask leak and trying to figure out if I can use a nasal mask instead of full face mask and once figure out this one out another problems cropped up mouth breathing, nasal congestion, and work out how to optimize humidifier and S9 setting.
Yes feeling better not getting morning headache or fall asleep at the movies but is it as good as it can get, not sure.
Now I have realized why so many people quit CPAP therapy, It,s not a miracle cure have to be used long term, Most of the time require a lot effort and to become own healthcare advocate to make it work.
IMHO if sleep professionals paid attention and followed up with their patients on a regular basis than we wont see so many CPAP machines thrown in the closet collecting dust.
03-20-2012 05:00 PM
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

My signs of a goodnight or good days sleep (Nightshift) are not of how I feel when I wake but rather from other signs. Firstly I dream alot if I have had a good sleep and also Inflation has rose by about 8% BigwinkLaugh-a-lot
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2012 05:10 PM by Dreamcatcher.)
03-20-2012 05:09 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

A momentary side track in this thread:

Quote:e-mail harvesters search servers and websites with programs to find e-mail addresse that they can spam and sell to other spammers. never ever reply to spam no matter how tempting. when you reply they know it is a live address that they can spam or sell.

If anyone is concerned about harvesters and the like and want to cut down on spam sent to their email, then:

Click on UserCP (upper left hand corner)
Click on Edit Options (left sidebar)
In the section that says: Messaging and Notification, select the box (so it has a check mark in it) that says "Hide your email from other members.". This will remove the blue box that says 'email' at the bottom of your posts. This is where most harvesters get their stuff. Be sure to also check the "Receive email from Administrators" as it allows SS to send you stuff.

I now return you to your regular chit chat.
03-20-2012 06:31 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(03-20-2012 06:31 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  Click on UserCP (upper left hand corner)
Click on Edit Options (left sidebar)
In the section that says: Messaging and Notification, select the box (so it has a check mark in it) that says "Hide your email from other members.". This will remove the blue box that says 'email' at the bottom of your posts. This is where most harvesters get their stuff. Be sure to also check the "Receive email from Administrators" as it allows SS to send you stuff.

I now return you to your regular chit chat.

Actually, there is no way for spammers to harvest someone's actual email address by using the forum "email" button. The email function itself goes through our BB software, pulls the email address out of the database securely and privately, then sends the email through my gmail account to the member. The email is actually sent from apneaboard@gmail.com, but with the sender's email address in the "reply to" field. So the only email address that gets revealed is the sender's email address.

Member email addresses are kept totally private, unless you choose to send out an email... no one will ever find out your email address simply by sending you an email from within the Apnea Board system. The only way someone might find out your email address is if you reply to them using your own email account after they send you an email from within the Apnea Board system. So, if you don't want to receive any forum emails, you can turn that option off... but if you choose to leave it on, you're still not going to get on a spam email list, because there's no way for the spammer to extract your email address (unless you reply to a spammer's email).

Now, if a spammer signed up with a membership here, they could send an email out just like any other member could, but they couldn't automate the process to send out anything other than a couple of emails a day, due to our spam-prevention tools that we implement (which will remain a secret, so they can't by pass the preventions).

Sometimes, I suppose members are surprised when they get an email to their private email address sent by another forum member. They think, "how did they get my email address?".... but the other member didn't actually get your email address - they simply used the "email" button and it got sent to you via the Apnea Board system, using the email address you supplied when you registered. The sender who uses the Apnea Board system email function never knows the actual email address of any member.

Smile

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

03-20-2012 06:59 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
iSnooze Offline
Apnea Board Proofreader
Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics PR System One C-Flex+
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: System One Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 11

Other Comments: also use a Comfort Gel Full Mask by Respironics

Sex: Female

I'm a lot like SuperSleeper in that I started feeling better by the 2nd week and gradually got up to feeling like a human being somewhere around 2 months. Like MarkDirk, I used to wake up early and not be groggy for the first few hours. I woke up because I couldn't breathe. I was all stuffed up. Then later in the day I would get extremely tired and taking a nap didn't give me relief. I woke up from those naps extremely groggy and in a fog. I couldn't think straight after a 3-4 hour nap. Besides the few hours in the early morning, I never felt rested.

Improvement with cpap has been gradual and the improvement is still continuing. I have a way to go but after 3 months I notice that I wake up from my naps refreshed. I don't have constant fatigue. I can't wait to find out how I'll feel a year from now.
03-20-2012 07:13 PM
mckevin32 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Resmed S9
Mask Make & Model: Remed Swift FX
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 12.6
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

I too didn't vote. Though I unquestionably sleep better and felt better almost immediately, waking up "refreshed" still isn't happening...
03-20-2012 07:41 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
CHanlon Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Activa LT
Humidifier: ResMed Hi5
CPAP Pressure: 12 -20

Other Comments: Mirage Activa LT nasal mask

(03-20-2012 07:50 AM)USMC1968 Wrote:  I started March 7, 2012 and felt BETTER the next morning. NO more potty breaks during the night, not sleepy at 4pm and at 64 years old done feel as OLD. Only wish I had listened to my mother in law and done this a year ago

Same here. I started august 27 2010, slept for 9+ hours the first night, never even changed position. Didn't get up 3 times to go to the bathroom, didn't nod off at 10:30, noon, 3:30. 6:30...

I wish I hadn't taken so long to listen to myself...
03-20-2012 08:35 PM
pssnn Offline
Wiki Editor
Preferred Members-2

Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14 - 18

Other Comments: Quattro FX + Swift FX

I have just started CPAP therapy on 3/15/12 and I am feeling less tired when I wake up. I noticed an improvement after about day 3.

"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
03-24-2012 02:50 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PollCat Offline
Apnea Board Polling Administrator
Monitors

Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: H5i Cleanable with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18

Other Comments: CPAP-ing since 1995; Type 2 Diabetes; Chronic Asthma; Gout

Interesting question, but one which I can not answer.

I feel/felt the same as I've always felt when I wake up each morning - refreshed. My apnea had more to do with falling asleep while at work and while driving home from work in the evenings. I've never been a 'morning person', and for most of my working-life I existed on 4 to 5 hours of sleep - both before the CPAP and after. Since retirement, I now get 6 to 7 hours of sleep and still feel the same each morning. So maybe my answer should be ???. Oh-jeez

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-24-2012 11:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Long time CPAP user now with a problem PrkChps 4 56 Today 06:21 PM
Last Post: chill
  Does long term humidifier use affect lungs? Russatrice 11 410 Yesterday 06:27 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  1 night off of cpap.....feel great! duece12345 6 526 10-31-2016 08:55 AM
Last Post: robysue
  Two Long Weeks EnigmaGrey 20 919 10-12-2016 12:39 PM
Last Post: EnigmaGrey
  I Feel So Dumb - Climateline Hose Violetskyye 14 855 10-08-2016 11:15 PM
Last Post: Violetskyye
  New AHI Low but Didn't Feel That Great holden4th 1 270 09-09-2016 04:59 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  I have gained 10 lbs and I never feel rested on cpap Lalae 18 1,057 09-08-2016 05:59 PM
Last Post: doll