Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How long to feel refreshed?
This poll is closed.
After the first night
27.45%
14 27.45%
Less than a month
17.65%
9 17.65%
Around 1-3 months
15.69%
8 15.69%
Around 3-6 months
3.92%
2 3.92%
Around 6-9 months
1.96%
1 1.96%
Around 9-12 months
0%
0 0%
Over a year
5.88%
3 5.88%
Never
27.45%
14 27.45%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How long to feel refreshed?
RE: How long to feel refreshed?
(03-20-2012, 04:20 PM)b360155 Wrote:
(03-20-2012, 03:53 PM)markdirk@gmail.com Wrote: I am replying without voting because I am a real newbie - just had night #4. So far it feels like I am waking up from a "deeper" place - and I am waking up groggy, which never used to happen (always wide awake at 6 am, no coffee needed.) Will keep y'all posted....

I've always heard that it's not a very good idea to use your email address for your Login ID/Nickname in forums. Think it has something to do with spammers. So, you might want to come up with a new nickname...but we're happy to have you join us!Coffee

correct.

e-mail harvesters search servers and websites with programs to find e-mail addresse that they can spam and sell to other spammers. never ever reply to spam no matter how tempting. when you reply they know it is a live address that they can spam or sell.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
The first few days of the therapy felt great probably beginners luck later on was a struggle coping with mask leak and trying to figure out if I can use a nasal mask instead of full face mask and once figure out this one out another problems cropped up mouth breathing, nasal congestion, and work out how to optimize humidifier and S9 setting.
Yes feeling better not getting morning headache or fall asleep at the movies but is it as good as it can get, not sure.
Now I have realized why so many people quit CPAP therapy, It,s not a miracle cure have to be used long term, Most of the time require a lot effort and to become own healthcare advocate to make it work.
IMHO if sleep professionals paid attention and followed up with their patients on a regular basis than we wont see so many CPAP machines thrown in the closet collecting dust.
Post Reply Post Reply
My signs of a goodnight or good days sleep (Nightshift) are not of how I feel when I wake but rather from other signs. Firstly I dream alot if I have had a good sleep and also Inflation has rose by about 8% BigwinkLaugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
A momentary side track in this thread:

Quote:e-mail harvesters search servers and websites with programs to find e-mail addresse that they can spam and sell to other spammers. never ever reply to spam no matter how tempting. when you reply they know it is a live address that they can spam or sell.

If anyone is concerned about harvesters and the like and want to cut down on spam sent to their email, then:

Click on UserCP (upper left hand corner)
Click on Edit Options (left sidebar)
In the section that says: Messaging and Notification, select the box (so it has a check mark in it) that says "Hide your email from other members.". This will remove the blue box that says 'email' at the bottom of your posts. This is where most harvesters get their stuff. Be sure to also check the "Receive email from Administrators" as it allows SS to send you stuff.

I now return you to your regular chit chat.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2012, 06:31 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Click on UserCP (upper left hand corner)
Click on Edit Options (left sidebar)
In the section that says: Messaging and Notification, select the box (so it has a check mark in it) that says "Hide your email from other members.". This will remove the blue box that says 'email' at the bottom of your posts. This is where most harvesters get their stuff. Be sure to also check the "Receive email from Administrators" as it allows SS to send you stuff.

I now return you to your regular chit chat.

Actually, there is no way for spammers to harvest someone's actual email address by using the forum "email" button. The email function itself goes through our BB software, pulls the email address out of the database securely and privately, then sends the email through my gmail account to the member. The email is actually sent from apneaboard@gmail.com, but with the sender's email address in the "reply to" field. So the only email address that gets revealed is the sender's email address.

Member email addresses are kept totally private, unless you choose to send out an email... no one will ever find out your email address simply by sending you an email from within the Apnea Board system. The only way someone might find out your email address is if you reply to them using your own email account after they send you an email from within the Apnea Board system. So, if you don't want to receive any forum emails, you can turn that option off... but if you choose to leave it on, you're still not going to get on a spam email list, because there's no way for the spammer to extract your email address (unless you reply to a spammer's email).

Now, if a spammer signed up with a membership here, they could send an email out just like any other member could, but they couldn't automate the process to send out anything other than a couple of emails a day, due to our spam-prevention tools that we implement (which will remain a secret, so they can't by pass the preventions).

Sometimes, I suppose members are surprised when they get an email to their private email address sent by another forum member. They think, "how did they get my email address?".... but the other member didn't actually get your email address - they simply used the "email" button and it got sent to you via the Apnea Board system, using the email address you supplied when you registered. The sender who uses the Apnea Board system email function never knows the actual email address of any member.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a lot like SuperSleeper in that I started feeling better by the 2nd week and gradually got up to feeling like a human being somewhere around 2 months. Like MarkDirk, I used to wake up early and not be groggy for the first few hours. I woke up because I couldn't breathe. I was all stuffed up. Then later in the day I would get extremely tired and taking a nap didn't give me relief. I woke up from those naps extremely groggy and in a fog. I couldn't think straight after a 3-4 hour nap. Besides the few hours in the early morning, I never felt rested.

Improvement with cpap has been gradual and the improvement is still continuing. I have a way to go but after 3 months I notice that I wake up from my naps refreshed. I don't have constant fatigue. I can't wait to find out how I'll feel a year from now.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too didn't vote. Though I unquestionably sleep better and felt better almost immediately, waking up "refreshed" still isn't happening...
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2012, 07:50 AM)USMC1968 Wrote: I started March 7, 2012 and felt BETTER the next morning. NO more potty breaks during the night, not sleepy at 4pm and at 64 years old done feel as OLD. Only wish I had listened to my mother in law and done this a year ago

Same here. I started august 27 2010, slept for 9+ hours the first night, never even changed position. Didn't get up 3 times to go to the bathroom, didn't nod off at 10:30, noon, 3:30. 6:30...

I wish I hadn't taken so long to listen to myself...

Post Reply Post Reply
I have just started CPAP therapy on 3/15/12 and I am feeling less tired when I wake up. I noticed an improvement after about day 3.
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting question, but one which I can not answer.

I feel/felt the same as I've always felt when I wake up each morning - refreshed. My apnea had more to do with falling asleep while at work and while driving home from work in the evenings. I've never been a 'morning person', and for most of my working-life I existed on 4 to 5 hours of sleep - both before the CPAP and after. Since retirement, I now get 6 to 7 hours of sleep and still feel the same each morning. So maybe my answer should be ???. Oh-jeez
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 5 147 Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Last Post: jake79
  [Symptoms] long desaturations Mshull 4 160 04-16-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 265 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 468 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Refreshed analysis Pierrec83 3 178 04-07-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 187 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 959 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.