Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long will the daytime sleepiness go away if I'm getting the right treatment?
RE: How long will the daytime sleepiness go away if I'm getting the right treatment?
There really is no other effective treatment...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How long will the daytime sleepiness go away if I'm getting the right treatment?
To answer about the mask, this is the writing on my mask packaging : Philips Respironics Nuance Pro Gel Pillows Mask
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with a Sleepweaver Advance mask (it's fabric and feels pretty comfortable - I also have a nasal pillow, but that doesn't seem as comfortable), and didn't bother with APAP - just straight CPAP at 13. Felt better the very next day. And since then, no more naps needed, and no more nearly falling asleep while standing up teaching a class. Previously was severe sleep apnea. I kind of guess as long as your mask isn't leaking, and assuming the pressure is right, you should feel the effects pretty quickly. As a newbie, just barely a month in, that's my experience.

Edit: Sorry, just read your post more carefully. Apologies. Can't really comment about the tennis ball approach, but I was sleeping on my side before doing CPAP and it didn't really help much in terms of daytime sleepiness. But maybe with only moderate sleep apnea, your experience will be better.
Post Reply Post Reply
susilosaja,
In a prior post you mentioned one manufacturer and listed a model number from another. To help, I have provided a link to aid in identifying your CPAP:
http://www.apneaboard.com/cpap-machine-p...ur-machine

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input guys. After some consideration, I'm thinking of trying cpap again. Hoping to get some free trial first. I'm interested with Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.

Still not sure about a couple things :
- Should I get the ClimateLineAir tubing?
- How is it compared to S9 Autoset? The price of Airsense 10 Autoset on my local shop is around usd 1800. I haven't been able to check the price of the S9 Autoset, but if it turns out to be a couple hundreds cheaper, is it worth it to pay extra for the Airsense 10 Autoset?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the A10. Nice machine. You should get the heated hose. Without it, you can get water in the hose which is noisy. I would get the newer machine, but I have not used the S9...

If you sleep with your mouth closed and you breath all night through your nose, you are NOT a mouth breather.
Post Reply Post Reply
At those prices, I would be tempted to order from a US supplier! Ouch! See Supplier #2 in the Supplier List (too of page) for comparative prices.

I am not sure if you need the heated hose. It depends on where in Indonesia you are and what the local climate is like. A lot of North America is cold and dry. I lived in Thailand for a number of years and I don't know if it would even be possible to add more humidity to the air! Now if you sleep in an air-conditioned room that is a different case and you will want the humidifier and heated hose.

Post Reply Post Reply
I live in humid area, but sleep in aircon room. So heated hose it is.

I also wanted to buy from #2 supplier but the paperwork of getting it through custom is too much, with no guarantee it will get through. Plus there will be custom fees. Turns out the S9 is slightly more expensive in my local shop. So I'm getting the A10 today. Thanks again guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
Do not give up. I do not like CPAP but it works. I will not lay down without it now. I keep working to learn more and make it work better. I will likely never like cpap but we are a team now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Susilosja

I am in Papua New Guinea and I have the heated hose on my Air Sense 10 as I sleep in aircon as well.

Another idea you may want to try is to look at some of the ideas for suspending the hose from the ceiling. I have a hook in the ceiling above where my face would be and an elastic strap coming down for the mask. You set this to hold the hose going up so you can move around and the elastic allows a lot of movement side to side. There are quite a few pictures etc on this site that show you how to set this up. I find it really helps. I travel with this strap and hang it off pictures above the bed etc in hotels.

I have both the respironics pillows and the ResMed P10 pillows I prefer the ResMed ones but use the respironics for a break sometimes.

Personally I have been on APAP for about 5 months and in the past month I have seen a real change in my quality of life. I can exercise more am losing weight and no challenge working 12hour days. My blood pressure and resting heart rate have gone back to good figures and I feel great. There certainly wasn't a day that I woke up and had a new life it seemed to gradually get better over a few months.

Cheers Grover
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 42 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 118 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Daytime sleepiness zzcop302 0 95 03-15-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zzcop302
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 278 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 196 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,001 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.