Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask LG STD 60604
Humidifier: System One Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 16.7
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: How long....
It took about 2 weeks of sleeping in my easy chair before I got my machine.
Lee
05-11-2013 08:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
LolaBelle Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed Autoset S9
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp
Humidifier: H5i Climate Line
CPAP Pressure: 7
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

(05-10-2013 11:06 PM)TinyL Wrote:  Just a heads up...they will most likely try to give you a straight CPAP and not the AutoSet...Your insurance pays the same no matter what machine you get in the CPAP catagory. Get a list of facts why you want the AutoSet and call your doctor. If you just show up to your DME without letting your preferences known it will just cause more delays. You want to make sure they know you want the S9 AutoSet. Don't just say Auto or you might get the S9 Escape Auto which is not the same. If they don't want to give it to you there are other options you will find around here as some DME's will give you an Auto with just a script for CPAP since the Auto will also do straight CPAP. I think if you just state a calm logical reasoning to them you can come out with the machine you want. If you were in the Wichita, KS area I could steer you to a great Doctor! I am a noob to this game...but with all the info on this site I was able to get the machine I wanted...and LOVING the S9 AutoSet! Good luck.

(05-11-2013 08:57 AM)Sevensox Wrote:  It took about 2 weeks of sleeping in my easy chair before I got my machine.
Lee

Thank you guys for the info Smile I am going into the doctor tomorrow finally to officially go over my sleep study results I got in ealier at a different clinic so wish me luck Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 11:39 PM by LolaBelle.)
05-14-2013 11:38 PM
Tez62 Offline

Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-15

Other Comments:

LolaBelle, make sure you right down any questions you have before hand so you don't forget anything.
05-15-2013 12:57 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
LolaBelle Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

(05-15-2013 12:57 AM)Tez62 Wrote:  LolaBelle, make sure you right down any questions you have before hand so you don't forget anything.

i know! Ive been so nervous and out of sorts lately im actually leaving a minute to go in and I cant remember a lot of my questions! I think I have the most important ones tho.....
05-15-2013 11:32 AM
PollCat Offline
Apnea Board Polling Administrator
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: H5i Cleanable with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18

Other Comments: CPAP-ing since 1995; Type 2 Diabetes; Chronic Asthma; Gout

Man, have times changed things! The sleep center gave me my first CPAP the morning after the second sleep study. They had wanted to give me one after the first study but I required surgery on my nasal/sinus passages to remove polyps first. Of course this was back in 1995; but you'd have thought that things would have progressed/simplified since then - not gotten worse.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-16-2013 02:23 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
LolaBelle Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

(05-16-2013 02:23 PM)PollCat Wrote:  Man, have times changed things! The sleep center gave me my first CPAP the morning after the second sleep study. They had wanted to give me one after the first study but I required surgery on my nasal/sinus passages to remove polyps first. Of course this was back in 1995; but you'd have thought that things would have progressed/simplified since then - not gotten worse.

I know Sad They like to make us all jump through hoops, they are making plenty of money I don't know what their problem is its ridiculous and stressfull
05-16-2013 02:28 PM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(05-16-2013 02:23 PM)PollCat Wrote:  Man, have times changed things! The sleep center gave me my first CPAP the morning after the second sleep study.

My son received his machine at the follow-up meeting he had with his doctor just a week after one and only sleep study. So, it's still happening, just not everywhere.

Looks like maybe you were lucky back in 1995 to have found a good sleep center. I wish I had been so lucky. I had symptoms back then that I reported to at least two doctors, my PCP and the ENT who did sinus surgeries on me and eventually sent me to a sleep study in 2011.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-16-2013 09:18 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does long term humidifier use affect lungs? Russatrice 11 403 Yesterday 06:27 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Two Long Weeks EnigmaGrey 20 919 10-12-2016 12:39 PM
Last Post: EnigmaGrey
  How long until changes in blood tests or medications? NorthernGuy 11 769 09-04-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  How long to show improvement amykathleen2005 6 406 09-04-2016 08:08 AM
Last Post: pupcamper
  Why are hypopneas 10 seconds long? Rcgop 33 1,444 08-03-2016 09:26 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [News] Traveling with CPAP - advice from a long-haul truck driver ApneaNews 1 456 08-02-2016 05:16 PM
Last Post: green wings
  Help! How long (days/months) are sleep study results valid for? ApneaNewbie 5 1,091 08-01-2016 01:24 AM
Last Post: JPDTrek