Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How long....
RE: How long....
It took about 2 weeks of sleeping in my easy chair before I got my machine.
Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2013, 11:06 PM)TinyL Wrote: Just a heads up...they will most likely try to give you a straight CPAP and not the AutoSet...Your insurance pays the same no matter what machine you get in the CPAP catagory. Get a list of facts why you want the AutoSet and call your doctor. If you just show up to your DME without letting your preferences known it will just cause more delays. You want to make sure they know you want the S9 AutoSet. Don't just say Auto or you might get the S9 Escape Auto which is not the same. If they don't want to give it to you there are other options you will find around here as some DME's will give you an Auto with just a script for CPAP since the Auto will also do straight CPAP. I think if you just state a calm logical reasoning to them you can come out with the machine you want. If you were in the Wichita, KS area I could steer you to a great Doctor! I am a noob to this game...but with all the info on this site I was able to get the machine I wanted...and LOVING the S9 AutoSet! Good luck.

(05-11-2013, 08:57 AM)Sevensox Wrote: It took about 2 weeks of sleeping in my easy chair before I got my machine.
Lee

Thank you guys for the info Smile I am going into the doctor tomorrow finally to officially go over my sleep study results I got in ealier at a different clinic so wish me luck Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
LolaBelle, make sure you right down any questions you have before hand so you don't forget anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2013, 12:57 AM)Tez62 Wrote: LolaBelle, make sure you right down any questions you have before hand so you don't forget anything.

i know! Ive been so nervous and out of sorts lately im actually leaving a minute to go in and I cant remember a lot of my questions! I think I have the most important ones tho.....
Post Reply Post Reply
Man, have times changed things! The sleep center gave me my first CPAP the morning after the second sleep study. They had wanted to give me one after the first study but I required surgery on my nasal/sinus passages to remove polyps first. Of course this was back in 1995; but you'd have thought that things would have progressed/simplified since then - not gotten worse.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2013, 02:23 PM)PollCat Wrote: Man, have times changed things! The sleep center gave me my first CPAP the morning after the second sleep study. They had wanted to give me one after the first study but I required surgery on my nasal/sinus passages to remove polyps first. Of course this was back in 1995; but you'd have thought that things would have progressed/simplified since then - not gotten worse.

I know Sad They like to make us all jump through hoops, they are making plenty of money I don't know what their problem is its ridiculous and stressfull
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2013, 02:23 PM)PollCat Wrote: Man, have times changed things! The sleep center gave me my first CPAP the morning after the second sleep study.

My son received his machine at the follow-up meeting he had with his doctor just a week after one and only sleep study. So, it's still happening, just not everywhere.

Looks like maybe you were lucky back in 1995 to have found a good sleep center. I wish I had been so lucky. I had symptoms back then that I reported to at least two doctors, my PCP and the ENT who did sinus surgeries on me and eventually sent me to a sleep study in 2011.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] long desaturations Mshull 4 163 04-16-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 265 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Long story short chronic 5 420 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 583 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 248 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 654 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 7,093 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.