Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How many CA for ASV
RE: How many CA for ASV
If you need to go the route of ASV let us know and we will help you be successful very quickly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Surprised 
RE: How many CA for ASV
Thanks Dave, 
                   From posts within the thread, I have compiled some DOT points, very grateful for the effort, time in sharing to my assistance to build awareness, knowledge and more clearly understand to a much better level for consideration and reflect on. (Assistance by Dictionary, those words not within my vocabulary) 

• if your CA are in the train wreck territory consistently, say 4 of 7 days, then ASV is maybe. Even a CA heavy person like me has to fight like mad to get ASV. By the numbers I'd say you're not there, and also other post, and CA's Consistently  inconsistent ??
  •  ASV if these results were reasonably consistent, however, your AHI is generally below 5.0 and while therapy is not ideal, it will be difficult to persuade a doctor that an advanced PAP is the preferred answer.  
  • I'm going to reiterate that this is not CSR, it is significant periodic breathingHaving that significant of periodic breathing for a week or more, and have it repeat often should be adequate to justify an ASV.
  • zoom views, both the good and bad show CO2 induced breathing pattern, and not ideopathic central Apneas. That's good because we know the cause.
  • compile daily charts week or longer event occurring several times. 3, 4, or 6 month history. Combine this with an OSCAR summary page to give to your doc.
  • 2 treatments. ASV and EERS
    From knowledge within this educational thread and other threads, to allow reflect on action to extent within my capabilities, with ongoing investigate, and firstly exhausts the strategies to focus on the CA's. Given My Airsense 10 and wifes Airsense her's, are both under 12 months old to replace my APAP Remstar one system and Wife's F&P Nova Fixed. But did take some argumenting with wife to change her machine as did really like her F&P and took some convincing to change brand and of F&P inability to Self monitor in chart type Data, such as via Sleepyhead/Oscar and my views was as if F&P attempt as monopoly Closed Shop! 

But are both very happy with the Resmed, even if Wife is Blissfully awareness of care own monitoring, but I is generally even  direct from Her Resmed from Day, Week, Mth 6mth, Yr shows is very consistently,  today 2 minute check  shows .07 for today and her 12mth average 1.2 note that she is mostly a supine position sleeper .
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.