Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP treatment started in 1980...what did people do before?
RE: CPAP treatment started in 1980...what did people do before?
Thanks!
That's very helpful.
DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
So why do doctors make the process so hard? (Suspect the reason is money.)

I've used my cpaps for over 30 years; I missed one night. I stayed up all night, because I couldn't plug in my cpap machine during a north Atlantic storm ferry crossing from Newfoundland.

Consider when I'm travelling. If I leave my country and go to the US or another country, and my machine fails, How do I get a replacement machine? This worries me.
Shouldn't I be able to go into a store and leave with a new machine bought and paid for? Prescription? Bah...humbug
And shouldn't the machine setup be trivial?
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I am glad I don't have to glue on a mask at night and that my ASV doesn't have a belt drive motor. I am glad I have an ASV that has a direct drive motor with a mask I strap on. Now to talk to mom about getting checked out for apnea.

Maybe my dad had apnea, but there's no way to tell now. He died in 1992 at age 43 from diagnosed CHF and multiple heart attacks.

One of the most wonderful "gifts" in life is to know how valuable your family is before they're gone. I didn't always have that gift unfortunately.

Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2019, 07:09 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I am glad I don't have to glue on a mask at night and that my ASV doesn't have a belt drive motor. I am glad I have an ASV that has a direct drive motor with a mask I strap on. Now to talk to mom about getting checked out for apnea.

Maybe my dad had apnea, but there's no way to tell now. He died in 1992 at age 43 from diagnosed CHF and multiple heart attacks.

One of the most wonderful "gifts" in life is to know how valuable your family is before they're gone. I didn't always have that gift unfortunately.

Sleep-well

Read your note and thought "me too."
I'm grateful to be alive. That's first thought every day when I awake.
My Parents passed in '93, 6 weeks apart. 
My Sister passed 6 years ago.
Lesson learned: "every day is  precious"
I visited my Brother last week. He has health problems, and he is 8 years younger than I. I cherished seeing him.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 121 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 281 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,018 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.