Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How many masks do you rotate between
RE: How many masks do you rotate between
After my 3 month wait for a new mask, I choose a Wisp as my backup. But, I might like it as much as the as the P10. I guess I'll have to compare leak rate and AHI to decide which one is my primary. I'm happy to have two masks I like and both seem good at blasting through a fully blocked nose (from allergies).
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2015, 08:56 PM)Dagmar Wrote: After my 3 month wait for a new mask, I choose a Wisp as my backup. But, I might like it as much as the as the P10. I guess I'll have to compare leak rate and AHI to decide which one is my primary. I'm happy to have two masks I like and both seem good at blasting through a fully blocked nose (from allergies).

Yes, they do both work well for that don't they? I have the Wisp for my backup as well, although I might switch to it permanently and use the P10 as the backup. My problem with the P10 is that it is just a tiny bit tight which causes nose bruising right after I wash and dry the headgear. I have a big head. It's really hard for me to fit hats, even men's hats. The Wisp tends to slide on my head at night, so I plan to spend the week working that problem. I will be eligible for a new mask next month, so I want to get what I will use long term. I wish there were a way to add 1/2 an inch to the P10. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2015, 12:40 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I wish there were a way to add 1/2 an inch to the P10. Dont-know

Do you have the blue one instead of the lavender? Despite what Resmed says, the blue ones seem to be consistently 1" longer. Mine is too long until I run all my hair through it - but it should be trivial to snip it and add a section. people have done this - even adding velcro so it's adjustable.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I have 5 - of those I use 2 regularly - Note I have a ResMed machine:

1. Respironics WISP - goto mask unless
2. Respironics Nuance - best for breaking up congestion, so far.

Those 2 are my prime favorites. Sometimes I swap in the middle of the night; these 2 are always at the ready.

On occasion I use:

3. F&P Pilario Q - great for when my nose is too sore, but hard to keep seal - easy to knock out of place turning over in bed.
4. ResMed F10 - because I figured I should have an FFM around. Not actually ever tried it.
5. ResMed P10 - got a pink one at my sleep study. Can't find a cushion size that works for me - not tried the blue headgear. Seems easy to knock off, and every size cushion has hurt some part of my nose.

Most of my CPAP co-workers use at least 2 masks, as well.

On my "to try" list:

Respironics Amara View

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 351 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 221 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 412 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 496 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 493 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 424 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed masks with magnets and coronary stents stillaliveca 0 456 12-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: stillaliveca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.