Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How many masks do you rotate between
How many masks do you rotate between
After my first week of CPAP I’ve been 100% compliant and feeling much better. I can tolerate the Resmed P10 Nasal pillows well with chinstrap, my AHI is down to around 3-4 right and generally getting better each night . However, I can see that I’ll want a break from the nasal pillows every so often. Even though I am happy with it, wearing it every night straight for the next three months does not sound appealing. I’m in between the small and medium pillows and even switching them out every so often seems to help.

My DME charges me $70.00 no matter what mask I get from them. I may take my P10 back to the DME and exchange for something like the ResMed Airfit F10 ($149.00 if I were to buy on-line) and then buy the P10 on line for less than $100.00 That way I would have two masks and not have to pay quite so much money. Any thoughts on this. It’s not how I normally operate but my DME basically handed me the mask with no explanation of how their billing worked. Also, I’m assuming others like to rotate out masks?

Thanks, David
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How many masks do you rotate between
I have 3. An Eson nasal mask which is my primary mask. A Simplus for if i have a cold and stuffy
And my fit all situations Fitlife total face.
Its for when ive had teeth pulled. Nasal surgery or anyother reason i cant tolerate pressure on nose or around mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your DME should allow you to get another mask with insurance after 3 or 6 mo. When I first started, I had a mask that wasn't working out and at 1 month I asked to trade. They didn't want the old one back, so then I had 2. Likely you would see the same. I keep saying I am going to get another style on my next new mask eligibility, but I keep getting another P10 because I like it, and Im lazy. Have 3 now.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='Dagmar' pid='126246' dateline='1439486361']

Do you have to stick to masks made by Resmed ( i.e. your machine is a resmed product) ?

If you buy masks from brands other than Resmed , is connector an issue ?

Please comment . Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2015, 02:59 PM)tommyngo Wrote: Do you have to stick to masks made by Resmed ( i.e. your machine is a resmed product) ?

If you buy masks from brands other than Resmed , is connector an issue ?

You can have any mask you want and that is available. For instance I use a Simplus full face mask with my Resmed machine.

The connectors are standardized and interchangeable.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Tommy: They all connect using a 22mm hose connector (even if using a slimline hose.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have 2, one FFM and one nasal pillows.
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using Activa LT nasal mask for a number of years, very comfy and best results than any other mask have tried
The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence
I can wear it loose and seal quite well. I've stocked up, in case they get discontinued

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Currently, I only have one mask, the Respironics Amara View. I hope to get a Simplus when my first option comes around. After reading the above post, I am going to check out the Ativa LT before I make another choice.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a F10 FFM first. Then I bought a Quattro Air to experiment with. Used them interchangeably for 100+ days.

Then I got a P10. I have been using the same P10 with same nasal pillow for the last 180 days. I have a new P10, a new P10 headgear and 2 new Large size P10 pillows sitting in the closet, waiting for their turn.

My F10 and Quattro Air are in storage now. I haven't felt the need to deploy them even during colds/allergies. P10 can blast thru any nasal stuffiness in 10 minutes or less.

So for the last 180 days, it's the same P10 mask. I don't rotate any components. I do have things in reserve if needed.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 343 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 218 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 407 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 493 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed masks with magnets and coronary stents stillaliveca 0 454 12-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: stillaliveca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.