Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How many masks do you rotate between
RE: How many masks do you rotate between
I have an old full face mask that I never could get to seal. I have several F&P Zest nasal masks that did not work out due to mouth leaking. I have 2 sizes of Mirage Quattro and a Simplus mask. I use the Mirage Quattro small and occasionally use the Simplus small depending on my mood.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a newbie still. I have 3. A Swift nasal pillow, an Airfit p10 and a Sleepweaver Advance. I For the nasal pillows, but don't seem to have the size quite right, because I keep getting a bruised nose. As much as I like the Sleep Weaver, I have more leaks than I get the nasal pillows. Recently tried the sleep Weaver Elan, and I've had even more leaks. So it's going back.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have two; I mainly use the resmed airfit f-10, but every now and then I switch to the resmed airfit p-10 (using a chin strap as I am an occasional mouth breather). I tried a variety of nasal mask but each one would hurt my columella (actually felt like someone rubbed it with sandpaper for hours) so nasal was not an option for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone, it's really helpful to know what other people are doing. I made one other minor change yesterday that seems to make my CPAP experience much better - that was to just put the P10 mask over the chin strap instead of under it. My DME told me to put the mask on first so the chin strap would help hold it in place - good advice. But, doing just the opposite works best for me. I've decided to just stay with the P10 since I'm very happy with it - and I will reassess at my 3 month mark when insurance pays for my next mask. I would like to have another mask option but I can wait.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dagmar,
I have tried a couple different masks, but started with the P10, and I always come back to it.
I have two new ones still in package, because I'm afraid they may discontinue or change the P10, and I'm paranoid about it, so I keep ordering the same mask as soon as I'm eligible.
I guess I'm a member of that "cult".

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
I have two, both the nasal pillow type. I tried the Aloha one for several months but eventually returned to the Respironics Optilife - only to learn that they're no longer be produced. Not sure what I'm going to do once my supply of pillows and head gear run out.

Let's see, I have 1 new headgear left and 6 pillows; as I change out the headgear twice a year and the pillows when they are no longer clear (about every 3-4 months), I will have to find a different mask some time in 2016. Oh-jeez
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2015, 10:18 PM)PollCat Wrote: I have two, both the nasal pillow type. I tried the Aloha one for several months but eventually returned to the Respironics Optilife - only to learn that they're no longer be produced. Not sure what I'm going to do once my supply of pillows and head gear run out.

Let's see, I have 1 new headgear left and 6 pillows; as I change out the headgear twice a year and the pillows when they are no longer clear (about every 3-4 months), I will have to find a different mask some time in 2016. Oh-jeez

That's why I keep stocking up on P10's. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2015, 09:53 AM)OpalRose Wrote: That's why I keep stocking up on P10's. Smile

I've stocked up on P10's and parts because I have zero deductible insurance right now that is unlikely to last forever. I have a mask kit still in shrink wrap and three replacement nasal pillows.

I have a Wisp nasal mask somewhere I won't ever use again. P10 nasal pillows is all I plan to ever use. If I get a rip-roaring cold where my sinuses block completely, I might look into a full face mask. That hasn't happened yet.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2015, 11:26 AM)GeoffD Wrote:
(08-16-2015, 09:53 AM)OpalRose Wrote: That's why I keep stocking up on P10's. Smile

I've stocked up on P10's and parts because I have zero deductible insurance right now that is unlikely to last forever. I have a mask kit still in shrink wrap and three replacement nasal pillows.

I have a Wisp nasal mask somewhere I won't ever use again. P10 nasal pillows is all I plan to ever use. If I get a rip-roaring cold where my sinuses block completely, I might look into a full face mask. That hasn't happened yet.

Dear fellow cult members:

You need to keep the P10 worship quiet. Otherwise the govt will come down on you will all its wrath and fury Smile

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 218 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 407 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 494 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed masks with magnets and coronary stents stillaliveca 0 454 12-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: stillaliveca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.