Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How many of you returned your first machine
RE: How many of you returned your first machine
(07-29-2015, 09:41 AM)kally Wrote: I had a great nearly silent loaner and now I have bought my own model (slightly different) it is not silent at all. How many people had to work with their supplier to iron out glitches or get a different machine?

It seems there are so many things that can go slightly wrong. i want to make the supplier give me the machine that works for me, but I don't want a big fight. I am paying for this out of my own pocket. Thoughts?

I was given a different machine from the one prescribed. When I confronted the DME, supposedly they ordered a replacement. Not exactly the info you're looking for, but I will be returning my first machine. (BTW, using my insurance is going to save me $4.28 over 13 months vs self pay.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm picking up a replacement for my just over 30 days used ASV on Monday. It had a burning plastic odor and makes occasional odd noises although less often now. But it messes up the onscreen data and the modem sent data so I don't trust it. The DME said Respironics refused to exchange it but I called them directly and they shipped one to the DME for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes. I didn't know I could return it ... so suffered with wrong machine for 9 months. When i said I was returning it, they got busy and gave me a different machine and it works great. I now have the ResMed Air Sense 10 Autoset. but .. I wish I had the ResMed A10 for Her. not sure they will change it for me since I am doing so much better. ?? Look on this site for the machine recommendations.. very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,199 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Aerophagia returned after weightloss lshinaberry 4 651 02-23-2023, 09:20 AM
Last Post: lshinaberry
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,797 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Diagnosed years ago, symptoms returned Itjustismkay 5 638 01-10-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,757 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  [CPAP] Returned my new HDM Z1 Auto Swamp 9 6,621 09-28-2016, 04:54 PM
Last Post: bill-e

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.