Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How many of you returned your first machine
How many of you returned your first machine
I had a great nearly silent loaner and now I have bought my own model (slightly different) it is not silent at all. How many people had to work with their supplier to iron out glitches or get a different machine?

It seems there are so many things that can go slightly wrong. i want to make the supplier give me the machine that works for me, but I don't want a big fight. I am paying for this out of my own pocket. Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How many of you returned your first machine
(07-29-2015, 09:41 AM)kally Wrote: I had a great nearly silent loaner and now I have bought my own model (slightly different) it is not silent at all. How many people had to work with their supplier to iron out glitches or get a different machine?

It seems there are so many things that can go slightly wrong. i want to make the supplier give me the machine that works for me, but I don't want a big fight. I am paying for this out of my own pocket. Thoughts?

If you are paying out of pocket, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy from an online supplier?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had no insurance at the time I started out so I get acclimated to a RemStar brick and
saved up for a more decent ResMed Autoset S9.
I still keep the RemStar for back up. Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Intellipap and I am AMAZED how quiet it is! My husband has used a Polaris (I think that's the name) for 7 years and it's so loud. You really can't even tell the Intellipap is on without looking at it!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2015, 09:41 AM)kally Wrote: I had a great nearly silent loaner and now I have bought my own model (slightly different) it is not silent at all. How many people had to work with their supplier to iron out glitches or get a different machine?

Ok, since your original question isn't being answered.....yes, I returned my first machine, not because there was anything wrong with it, but because the DME lied to me! They told me it was brand new, never used and even charged me an up charge because it was an APAP!

I didn't know it was used (almost 600 blower hours on it) untill I got the clinical manual and checked the blower hours. I quess they didn't think I'd figure that out. I already had it for six weeks, but they took it back and sent me a brand new machine. It's just the principle of them not being honest!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2015, 04:53 PM)OpalRose Wrote:

Ok, since your original question isn't being answered.....yes, I returned my first machine, not because there was anything wrong with it, but because the DME lied to me! They told me it was brand new, never used and even charged me an up charge because it was an APAP!

I didn't know it was used (almost 600 blower hours on it) untill I got the clinical manual and checked the blower hours. I quess they didn't think I'd figure that out. I already had it for six weeks, but they took it back and sent me a brand new machine. It's just the principle of them not being honest!

Wow. That is so wrong. I don't understand why DME's do these things!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2015, 11:56 AM)rachelp Wrote: I have the Intellipap and I am AMAZED how quiet it is! My husband has used a Polaris (I think that's the name) for 7 years and it's so loud. You really can't even tell the Intellipap is on without looking at it!

Ditto that..Intellipap.. with the right mask like a comfort gel is nearly silent. I just got an alternate nasal pillow mask that was on sale and the mask is noisy not the APAP.

My wife was worried it was too quiet since she had learned to sleep next to Darth Vadar.. Wink

As to original question..
First two machines were with a DME.. No problems both being Respironics who seems to own the DMEs. (along with Resmed)
Bought my newest machine online. (intellipap See my review on the review tread for it ) . No Returns.. (5 yr Warranty with Maker etc.) Which I am find with as my last machine is still back up.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had to return my PR system one after about 6 months. It developed a whirring noise. It was under warranty and I had no problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
I returned my first machine due to a funny, smokey odor. My loaner (different brand) also had an odor that was plasticky. My new machine has the same funny, smokey odor although not as strong. It's going back next week for another replacement. I'm very frustrated over this. All 3 are brand new machines with no blower hours when I got them. I know it's the circuit boards. I can only assume this is happening in shipping. My brother got his bipap last month and ZERO odor from it.
Post Reply Post Reply
still working on my first machine. a Resmed S9 Autoset. Sometimes the humidifier door has issues latching, it may yet get warrantied out. Had it for 9 months now.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,149 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Aerophagia returned after weightloss lshinaberry 4 650 02-23-2023, 09:20 AM
Last Post: lshinaberry
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,790 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Diagnosed years ago, symptoms returned Itjustismkay 5 636 01-10-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  [CPAP] Returned my new HDM Z1 Auto Swamp 9 6,621 09-28-2016, 04:54 PM
Last Post: bill-e

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.