Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SquishySquishCat Therapy Thread
SquishySquishCat Therapy Thread
Still waiting to get my machine, but got my sleep study results and figured I would get those uploaded now to start a record of progress and such. Attached screenshots are numbered by which page they were on. Personal data has been cropped out. 

Please let me know if additional info is needed. Once I have my machine, I'll start uploading data to OSCAR and post here for review.

One thing I found surprising was a single central apnea (image 2) and the number of spontaneous arousals (image 3).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SquishySquishCat Therapy Thread
Your sleep disordered breathing is relatively mild, but should respond easily to CPAP treatment. The single CA event is not much of a surprise, and the larger number of spontaneous arousals, is not unusual in a testing / clinical environment. The more significant finding is that the majority of events are hypopnea with some obstructive apnea, and it's likely a lot of the spontaneous arousal is flow limitation or respiratory effort that was just missed in the analysis. Probably the most important role you can play now is to advocate for a good machine. Your hypopnea, flow limitation and other issues are going to respond best to the Resmed Airsense 10 or 11 Autoset. Avoid accepting a Philips Dreamstation or one of the Chinese imports. We are seeing a lot of those, and it's worth holding out for the Resmed which has full therapy data and EPR (exhale pressure relief), which effectively gives you a bilevel machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, the original DME my doctor sent my prescription to wanted to send me a Luna G3, and when I requested the Airsense 11 Autoset, they balked and tried to say it would take 3 weeks just to get it approved by my insurance. That didn't make any sense since the Luna was approved in under a week. So I had my doctor cancel with that DME and send my prescription to my brother's DME with a dispense as written for the Airsense 11. That was on Friday, so I'm waiting to hear back from them now. The original DME has tried to call me a couple of times since I spoke with my doctor, but I'm not going to give them anymore of my time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear you were on top of the situation. The Luna and other BMC machines have been showing up in most new prescriptions. Once the person accepts the machine, they are stuck and generally arrive here upset that they have a machine that does not provide useful therapeutic information. A mild case of apnea does not mean a lesser machine is more appropriate, rather it usually shows a need for the bilevel pressure and treatment of flow limitation which is missed in most tessting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 2 89 3 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,099 10 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 234 Today, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 384 Today, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,370 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,799 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,078 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.