Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

O2 Insight Pro data on Mac???
RE: O2 Insight Pro data on Mac???
    MACOS user and new to Wellue Ring data and using Viatom's O2_Insight_Pro and like several others in this thread I had a hard time finding the Wellue data file to make a copy of it. Even though I did a standard install of the app letting it choose where to install and keep its files I did NOT find the file at what this thread indicates which is the same as the wiki here and the Wellue FAQ. What worked for me ... below

In Finder from Menu choices at very top GO then I chose Go to Folder (or Shift Command G) and after filling in my unique User (/Users/You_as_User/)  I copied the following into the field to append that stem

Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA

While I used the path noted above in this thread as my search Go to, the destination location seems to be a different location. Perhaps the above steps is what the FAQ and our wiki want us to do, but it certainly wasn't clear to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
PLEASE Don't paste pictures into your post. Decoding the base64 text that results is a real pain.

Also don't use the 'insert picture' that is in the Edit ribbon.

Use the Add Attachment which is located below the text entry box. This gives a small thumbnail picture in your text, which can be clicked to expand it to full size.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Pholynyk Sorry and noted for the future; usually I had made the right choice in the past but never saw clear rules for image posting as you made clear, thanks for the clarity.
Post Reply Post Reply
Liteheart1,

What part of the path tripped you up?

Code:
/Users/yourusername/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/serialnumber

Its meant for you to put your actual user name from your Mac in the username placeholder.  and at the end the serial number of yout device.

Here is my actual path:

Code:
/Users/jeff/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/20052B0867

Your username and serial number will be different than mine.

You can try this one and see if it works better for you (please copy and pate it):

Code:
~/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Jeff8356.  I understand what you wrote and I intentionally hid my actual User name and the numbers designating my actual device. As you can see from the image that I attached from the Finder Go to Folder results, my data is NOT at the part of the path that starts 

.../Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE

but in an entirely different subfolder.  .../Containers/O2_Insight_pro/...

While the path that is in our wiki was useful for me to enter in the Go to Folder blank entry field (again see the image) there is no subfolder on my mac that starts with   "com.viatom"

Sorry, but not sure how to make it any clearer. From my reading of the OP and at least one other in the thread, they too did not find that the indicated "path" at least initially worked for them. I have resolved things for myself, and simply hoped to be of help to other MacOS users who might have similar challenge.
Post Reply Post Reply
Liteheart1,

Sorry, when I first read your post the image was still corrupted so I couldn't see the path you mentioned.  That's all cleared up now.

The wiki has been updated with the second location.

It seems that older installs still use the com.viatom... location, and newer installs use the O2_Insight.... location.  Thanks for pointing that out.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff8356 Glad that was helpful yet perhaps it is a bit more subtle!! and perhaps the edit you made to wiki while hopefully helpful to others on MacOS might not be. Hope I can explain this clearly.

In Finder actually navigating to where my data folder is and then right clicking and then Option copy __serial # folder __  as Pathname my data is (like yours): 
       /Users/emamini18/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/__serial #___

/Users/yourusername/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/serialnumber

I am relatively new to MacOS (coming from decades of windows) and in Mac something that is so simple (see path in Windows Explorer, and or copy path to clip board) I find obtuse in MacOS so my "problems" might have been my relative lack of Mac skill. I've dealt with computers for >30 years so think I am relatively knowledgeable.

My problems were:
The Go to Folder process does NOT at least in my screen capture show that the location(Path) was what I'd expect from the unedited Wiki (first location) and more closely matches what you added as the second possible location. However as noted above when navigating to the actual folder in Finder the Path matches your location #1.

I also experience doing a search in MacOS and cumbersome use of wildcards, etc. in comparison to Windows. When I tried to do a search, I believe on "com.viatom" it came up blank. But that might be my lack of skill with MacOS.

Bottom line: I'd probably leave your wiki edit as it is. If I go back 24 hours I would have found it helpful to have the 2nd possible location noted. This would have allowed me more confidence that I was going in right direction with the Go to Folder process (which is what the Wellue FAQ suggests). I hope this additional comment doesn't muddy the waters, and if it does then simply ignore it. Thanks for all you do in supporting this forum. All of this would have been easier if getting screen captures into posts was fewer steps but understand that it can't be from clipboard but an actual file attachment. Hopefully the edited Wiki saves some members some frustration. More than enough ...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 75 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR? SnoozeBest 7 244 02-26-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: SnoozeBest
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Oscar importing csv files + O2 Insight Pro import eflat 1 363 10-24-2023, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,026 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  o2 insight pro on linux Jim Vader 10 1,391 08-16-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: data01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.