Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How many times you get up at night to pee?
This poll is closed.
None
40.74%
44 40.74%
One Time
36.11%
39 36.11%
Two Times
16.67%
18 16.67%
Three Times
1.85%
2 1.85%
Four Times
3.70%
4 3.70%
Five Times
0%
0 0%
Over Five Times
0.93%
1 0.93%
Total 108 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How many times you get up at night to pee?
RE: How many times you get up at night to pee?
(04-02-2013, 05:21 PM)aleram22 Wrote: Well, I get up several times every night even with my CPAP, I´m trying to find out the reason. May be the mask does not fit well and the pressure goes down, then I have some apneas even with the mask on, etc. But I still do not know.

I am new to the forum, any suggestions? I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to check on this situation

Howdy, aleram22, welcome to Apnea Board! Wave

Hoping others can provide more insight, but here's one idea if you'd like to take a more active role in your own therapy:

This may not be quick enough to get info for your appointment on Wednesday, but I would recommend that since you have a DeVilbiss Intellipap, get an SD card reader (usually around $15-20 or so) and use the free SleepyHead software to analyze your machine's data on your personal computer. Knowing what events precede your waking up periods might shed some light on the actual cause. Could be leaks, could be apnea events (due to improperly set pressures), could be something else. The software will help, and it's free, (SEE THIS THREAD).

After you install the program on your personal computer, feel free to post any questions, issues or comments in this thread about SleepyHead.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2013, 05:21 PM)aleram22 Wrote: Well, I get up several times every night even with my CPAP, I´m trying to find out the reason. May be the mask does not fit well and the pressure goes down, then I have some apneas even with the mask on, etc. But I still do not know.

It could just be a habit you formed before you started CPAP therapy and it's taking a while to wear off.

Check your leak rates to find out if you really are leaking so much that apneas are possible.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with all here,

Before CPAP - sometimes 5 times a night. I had actively started managing my fluid consumption, trying to get up less. I would find it very hard to fall back asleep after waking to urinate, often causing insomnia the rest of the night. Since starting 4 weeks ago, I now average 1-2 times a night. This means a lot less insomnia as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2013, 08:56 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Check your leak rates to find out if you really are leaking so much...

Somehow the thread title combined with this statement struck me as funny. CoolDielaughing
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Generally 2, maybe 3 times. Not really different from before CPAP....I have an intestinal issue and have to drink lots of water. I often use a bottle and pee a pint or more.

First time is early, maybe before I can get to sleep...second time is around 2AM, when the wife comes to bed, third time will be 5, or maybe I sleep through to 8 or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before CPAP I was getting up 2-5 times to pee. Now 0 times. Big difference in my life.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 409 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wrong times on my OSCAR graphs Steve P 1 458 07-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Clark
  Can someone plea look at this, woke up several times feeling breathless with AHI of 0 Phil487 3 707 07-01-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Phil487
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Can someone look at this, I woke up a couple times last night Phil487 0 431 06-21-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Phil487
Question [Equipment] AS 11 turns on by itself midday multiple times bdcox65 2 1,471 06-16-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Been There

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.