Poll: How many times you get up at night to pee?
None
One Time
Two Times
Three Times
Four Times
Five Times
Over Five Times
[Show Results]

How many times you get up at night to pee?
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

RE: How many times you get up at night to pee?
(04-02-2013 05:21 PM)aleram22 Wrote:  Well, I get up several times every night even with my CPAP, I´m trying to find out the reason. May be the mask does not fit well and the pressure goes down, then I have some apneas even with the mask on, etc. But I still do not know.

I am new to the forum, any suggestions? I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to check on this situation

Howdy, aleram22, welcome to Apnea Board! Wave

Hoping others can provide more insight, but here's one idea if you'd like to take a more active role in your own therapy:

This may not be quick enough to get info for your appointment on Wednesday, but I would recommend that since you have a DeVilbiss Intellipap, get an SD card reader (usually around $15-20 or so) and use the free SleepyHead software to analyze your machine's data on your personal computer. Knowing what events precede your waking up periods might shed some light on the actual cause. Could be leaks, could be apnea events (due to improperly set pressures), could be something else. The software will help, and it's free, (SEE THIS THREAD).

After you install the program on your personal computer, feel free to post any questions, issues or comments in this thread about SleepyHead.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

04-02-2013 07:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(04-02-2013 05:21 PM)aleram22 Wrote:  Well, I get up several times every night even with my CPAP, I´m trying to find out the reason. May be the mask does not fit well and the pressure goes down, then I have some apneas even with the mask on, etc. But I still do not know.

It could just be a habit you formed before you started CPAP therapy and it's taking a while to wear off.

Check your leak rates to find out if you really are leaking so much that apneas are possible.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-02-2013 08:56 PM
Khamier Offline

Members

Machine: Philips Series 1 560
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: Philips
CPAP Pressure: 9-12

Other Comments:

I agree with all here,

Before CPAP - sometimes 5 times a night. I had actively started managing my fluid consumption, trying to get up less. I would find it very hard to fall back asleep after waking to urinate, often causing insomnia the rest of the night. Since starting 4 weeks ago, I now average 1-2 times a night. This means a lot less insomnia as well.
04-02-2013 09:10 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(04-02-2013 08:56 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  Check your leak rates to find out if you really are leaking so much...

Somehow the thread title combined with this statement struck me as funny. CoolDielaughing

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

04-02-2013 10:41 PM
Christenson-the-Geek Offline

Members

Machine: F&P Icon "Auto"
Mask Make & Model: unsure/varies (Resmed FX nasal pillows)
Humidifier: heated
CPAP Pressure: 14cm
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: Software/Electronic Engineer

Generally 2, maybe 3 times. Not really different from before CPAP....I have an intestinal issue and have to drink lots of water. I often use a bottle and pee a pint or more.

First time is early, maybe before I can get to sleep...second time is around 2AM, when the wife comes to bed, third time will be 5, or maybe I sleep through to 8 or so.
04-07-2013 02:01 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
sleepnewjersey Offline

Members

Machine: REMstar Pro C-Flex+
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: system one
CPAP Pressure: 13

Other Comments:

Before CPAP I was getting up 2-5 times to pee. Now 0 times. Big difference in my life.
05-19-2013 09:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever pwgphoto 34 5,318 08-30-2016 08:36 PM
Last Post: HoustonMIke
  Compliance times on Philips Dreamstation jeroen1758 3 593 05-15-2016 10:27 PM
Last Post: robysue
  Still sleeping 11 hours at times iloveoliver 6 771 05-07-2016 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Seeing significantly different AHI numbers night to night galenaforest 4 820 02-25-2016 02:27 AM
Last Post: Dagmar1
  One night = 0 leaks, next night 30 L.....??? GrammaBear 3 734 01-28-2016 01:39 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  First night behind me - 2nd night update - mostly Centrals? worn_out_in_lebanon 19 4,457 03-21-2015 11:11 AM
Last Post: retired_guy
  Establishing times of mask leaks skydoc01 6 1,097 01-24-2015 10:51 PM
Last Post: skydoc01